Start a new comparison

• Billing6
  • Deceptive billing5
Show

Discussion

My Family Mobile was OK until it was purchased by TracFone around April 2017.Their billing and customer service quality immediately went down the toilet.

I researched other discount cell plans but discovered that all the ones that were suited to my needs (bring-your-own-phone, GSM, no contract) were owned by TracFone.

After the second time my service was shut off by TracFone with no warning "for nonpayment" after I had paid(!), I decided no discount was worth the risk of unreliable phone service, so I switched both my lines to T-Mobile. I found T-Mobile had just introduced an age 55+ plan that gave me everything I was getting from MFM and more for roughly the same price.

Though T-Mobile doesn't always get stuff right the first time (I had to call in three times to be billed the correct amount for the new plan) they are at least responsive and their phone agents are intelligible.I am much happier now at T-Mobile.