Start a new comparison

• Online service not usable3
  • Intrusive questions3
Show

Discussion

I can say that I used MoneyGram once to send a bit of cash to a friend of mine in Nigeria.Yes, a friend!

Not a scammer, an identity thief, a friend who happens to live in Africa. I was not questioned as to whether I thought my friend was a legitimate person or not. They treated me like an adult and happily granted my request. It was done, my friend got his money that evening.

Unlike Western Union who decided to intervene a transfer on my behalf because of who they thought to be a fraudulent receiver, whose name by the way was Mohammed, didn't treat me anything but a criminal myself. I was kept on the phone that evening for over an hour, having to explain things about my life they had absolutely no right to know! And, as an update to my previous complaints about WU, it has been 28 days now and they still haven't sent my money back to me!!! Last time I spoke with them, today for the 8th time, they said it would be another 3-5 days!

I started crying, I was so upset over the injustice, and feelings of being "raped" of my sense of ownership over $7,000 that is rightly mine and not theirs to keep and earn a month's interest on!! So far...does anyone know a cheap lawyer? I told the support gentleman I spoke with today just how much money I have lost on my own money to them and felt I should be compensated for it. He chuckled at me!

I even asked for the number to their complaint department and they refused.This isn't over until I have justice and...

WU>>MG.Had issues in the past, all resolved.

Main problem is rates jumping up by 100-120% after crossing a threshold of a cent more sent.

Just use percentage, or exchange rate, depending on how sent and how received.Either is simpler and we understand the cost.