Start a new comparison

1.7
192 reviews
1.9
174 reviews

How would you compare Homeadvisor vs Thumbtack?

They seem to be very similar based on the ratings.

Home Advisor does not handle disc jockey services. Thanks for the effort though!

No Comparison. Homeadvisor is far superior.

I have hired people from Homeadvisor who have done incredible work. Thumbtack operates completely different when it comes to my professional field

LostOrangutan

Homeadvisor isn't much better than thumbtack, they send you leads that dont want service or simply dont last and your stuck with a bill you cant pay.

JOEM2254

They both are rated well below average. Home advisor just changed their company name to this one because they rip-off reviews of the old company were so very bad.

Thumbtack started off very good for several years (I used them as a contractor) then they got greedy and now rip everyone off, the professional signed with them and the customers.

They go after bucks and that is it. Awful company now, real garbage.

Home Advisor sucks. They never did provide resolution just the same worthless leads.

When it was Service Magic around 2007 it had the same sucky customer service policy. Keep the money in house - never refund.Thumbtack may have the same "keep the money in house" policy to but they seems to have a better customer service policy.

Buddy told me about another service - sounds like Ponch. I'm gonna check that one.

You guys are much much better than HomeAdvisor HomeAdvisor I had it I have too many problems I'm canceling that account actually

I had given a work to replace a water softener from the quote I received from Thumbtack.

Service included replacing the existing softener and haul away the old softener.

Serviceman said he will come back to pick up the old softener.

I paid the full amount as quoted.

It has been more than 15 days and the old softener has not been picked up. The service man does not answer the phone but keep texting that he will pick it up.

This company is a scam, a huge rip off.

Monitor your account they deduct unauthorized payments without your knowledge or consent.

user18415905

homeadvisor has did work for me ,and I was very pleased

@user18415905

aways in homeadvisor you lose losing money

I have used Homeadvisor and I have gotten bad leaded and they charged me and had to fight to get back the money back. But the only thing they did was credit me and said that they could not give me my money back.

Will not use them.

@Anonymous

I had the very same experience big fish eat little fish is how I fell

how about thumb tack

@Anonymous

THUMBTACK IS ONE OF THE WORSE OUT THERE NOW. ORIGINAL OWNER SOLD IT FOR A MILLION BUCKS AND SOME GREEDY COMPANY BOUGHT IT.

NOW IT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF, THE COSTS TO BUY A LEAD IS MORE THAN WHAT YOU'LL MAKE FROM THE SERVICE. YOU WILL BE MATCHED TO LEADS AUTOMATICALLY AND THEN JUST GET SOME HUGE CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD.

IF YOU RESPOND TO A REQUEST AND IF THEY RESPOND AT ALL (YES, EVEN IF THEY SAY NO) YOU GET CHARGED FOR THAT LEAD. MOST LEADS ARE A MINIMUM COST OF CLOSE TO 20.00+ EACH.

Top Rated Thumbtack Reviews