Start a new comparison

• Total impossibility of contacting them1
  • That they allow a client to only send good reviews to ta1
Show

Discussion

Just so everyone knows - Trip Advisor only provides links to other third party websites that book hotels, excursions and other travel related sites. The only reason I used GETAROOM was because of its link from Trip Advisor.

I trusted Trip Advisor. What I couldn't find out was if Trip Advisor was recommending the site. Going to the Trip Advisor Forum, I read that it was not a booking service and could NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY, for problems with the links Trip Advisor provided. So fellow travellers, don't assume these links are being recommended.

Travellers need to do their own research before using a link they don't know, such as GetARoom. I was very disatisfied with my booking experience on GetARoom( from the TripAdvisor link) and complained vigorously to them . I did finally get a response from one of their supervisors, solving the problem of erroneous information provided by one of their agents( telling me the hotel I booked had a free cancelation policy and that the site could hold a reservation for me for the next day). That agent went ahead and booked the hotel( against my wishes) charging my credit card immediately - and to a hotel that had no free cancelation .

It took many calls to GetARoom, complaining about this problem but finally one of their supervisors called me back and promised that if I wanted to cancel that hotel before my trip, her company would do it for me - no penalties. She also promised to give me a $50 credit for all my trouble with them. I haven't received that yet but I'm hoping she will follow through.

So..... it is possible to get a problem resolved with GetARoom but, for me, not worth the stress I experienced.