Start a new comparison

1.2
134 reviews
1.6
95 reviews

How do you compare GEICO vs Progressive Insurance?

GEICO is hands down better than Progressive. Several years ago a GEICO client hit me and GEICO paid everything.

There was a smaller invoice that they were refusing for a bit, but they ended up paying it. Things got mixed up and I’m not even sure if they owed it. But they even brought the check to me in the end. It was a couple hundred less than Progressive owes me now.

And Progressive is tagging fault on me. Where GEICO didn’t. A bit different situation, but still similar. The attitude of Progressive is also horrible compared to GEICO.

I’m certainly inspired to stay with the insurance I currently have. Stay away from Progressive. They’re bad news.

Here is my story. www.progressiveinsurancescam.wordpress.com

One thing I can say Progressive don't like pay always try to low Ball one. Some one hit my car that was insured by Progressive.The adjuster said my car was only worth 6,647.24 but Kelly Blue Book say it worth between 5,719.00- 8,190.00 take into account small scratches an other flowes thin he want to take another 2,270,65 off the 6,647,00 now the car is only worth ,4,000.an change progressive two bight out of the apple,plus progressive don't want to pay to get the car back to ARK from Atlanta Ga, an no Rental,Im a 70yrs old Disable Veteran

From what I have read and experienced ....any insurance company would be better than Progressive Insurance. It appears that no insurance company is perfect.

I have only met one person that has Progressive that is satisfied. And I have my doubts that that person is in touch with reality.

It seems that there is no overseeing regulatory state insurance departments that will stop auto insurers from finding more and more ways to rip their customers off. With billions of dollars at stake, someone or should I say many are getting paid to look the other way while these companies operate in a criminal manner.

Allstate and Progressive are two companies that simple started to avoid payouts at all costs and it spread to a number of others that found it a very profitable way to cash in on the backs of drivers. Since the car is the largest cash cow for every state, it has become target uno for unscrupulous auto insurers. Add the laws being set up in their favor and you literally create a ponzi scheme that our lawmakers share in.

Just Googling any Insurance company for complaints will leave you with days of reading material. Money being the route of all evil has added auto insurance to the list of mega power corporate greed.

Top Rated GEICO Reviews