PissedConsumer.com strives to provide consumers with the right information to make informed purchasing decisions. Our website collected and compiled various consumer reviews about Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa as well as customer ratings and recommendations for these brands. Each brand score is calculated based on set of relevant criteria and displays company performance over time.

Gateway One Lending
Santander Consumer Usa

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Overview

Total reviews
161
1276
Company responses
Issues resolved

Santander Consumer Usa was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Sep 10, 2008 and since then this brand received 1276 reviews. It is 1115 reviews more than Gateway One Lending received since Feb 26, 2013. According to received "Issue Resolved" consumers' votes, a consumer is more likely to resolve issues with Gateway One Lending customer support team than with Santander Consumer Usa customer service.

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Consumer Ratings

222 in category
Interest Rate
97 in category
185 in category

According to consumer ratings and reviews, Gateway One Lending ranks 83 points higher in the Financial Services category than Santander Consumer Usa. People gave Gateway One Lending 1.5 stars for Customer service criterion in Financial Services category and it is 510 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. At the same time, Santander Consumer Usa was rated 1.3 stars for Customer service criterion in this category and it is 437 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. If we look at Product or Service Quality criterion, than we see that Gateway One Lending has a higher rating than Santander Consumer Usa. Regarding Interest Rate criterion, consumers gave Gateway One Lending 1.7 stars and it is 85% greater than other in category. Santander Consumer Usa however was rated 1.2 stars and it is 72% greater than other in category.

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Rating Details

1.5 (70 reviews)
1.3 (233 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

...I called customer service and was told "we mailed it, sorry about your luck". Additional $45 for duplicate. They were of no help at all, rude, and unprofessional...

Nasreen

...Their customer service has rude, crude and poorly trained personnel who keep you pon hold more than assist you..

John T
1.7 (64 reviews)
1.3 (207 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

...I did pay as agreed never had to call customer service for anything..

PissedConsumer1498476

We sold a car and they reported a 30 day late on credit due to one day late from the dealer getting he payoff to them, they refused to remove it, their customer service is the worst in the business, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. THEY DO NOT DESERVE ONE STAR..

PissedConsumer1583894
Interest Rate
1.7 (60 reviews)
1.2 (200 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

They actually gave me an interest rate just one percent above what I was trying to get and it is almost nine percent below what I am paying now, so that was a point in their favor. When they called me for my interview the lady was very polite, direct and to the point about information she needed to...

PissedConsumer960613

I am unable to catch up due to the HIGH INTEREST RATE LOW PRINCIPLE and now being charged $6. 00 per day until I am able to make a $2000 payment or $445. 00 every 2 weeks I am getting deeper and deeper in debt with this company and no one want to refinance due to the upside down LOAN..

SHari M

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Never having to talk to them
  • Financing
  • Customer serivec
  • I have had very little interaction with santander
  • Anantander consumer no stars
  • There are no pros
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Very poor phone skills
  • Service
  • Customer service
  • Being hung up on
  • Rude managers

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Most Positive Reviews

Top rated reviews

You were late.... Pay ur bills

I had no problem with them they never call about payment hope to get my title car will be paid of in two month

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Most Critical Reviews

Lowest rated reviews

Absolute worst customer service i have ever experienced!!!!!

I have been paying on a 2006 Nissan Altima for 6 1/2 years. I called in June of this year to tell Santander to change...

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Latest Reviews

Recent published reviews

Tha repo my CAR THEN *** ME WITH A. 5,000 DOLLARS BILL TO PAY
I PUT 500 DOLLARS DOWN ON THE CAR. I PAY 3 AND HALF YRS ON...

Car was eligally containd plz call 3374964745

Gateway One Lending and Santander Consumer Usa Products and Services

Most reviewed product and services
  • Gateway One Lending Loan (35 reviews)
  • Gateway One Lending Auto Loan (33 reviews)
  • Gateway One Lending Customer Care (21 reviews)
  • Santander Consumer Usa Loan (445 reviews)
  • Santander Consumer Usa Auto Loan (175 reviews)
  • Santander Consumer Usa Account (97 reviews)