Start a new comparison

128 reviews
18 reviews
1.6
13 reviews

How would you compare Forest River vs Jayco?

While I've never owned a Jayco product, I have walked through them at several RV dealerships around the country over the last 15 years. Just from a cursory examination of the coach, it is no better quality than any RV manufactured by any RV company in America.

The RV industry remains the absolute worst for quality control and service after the sale. I have owned products from Keystone, Winnebago, and Forest River, and they have all been broken when purchased with "promises" of fixing the issues. In every case, it took more than 1 to 2 years to get MOST of the issues fixed at the manufacturers cost. Everything else is on the consumer.

Can you imagine that in the first year of ownership, your RV will be in their repair facility more than in your driveway??

That has been my experience in over 30 years of RVing. I pray your experiences are better, but if we the consumer(s) do not take a stand against this industry and boycott their products, what we get is what we deserve.

This is my second Jayco. I have had a serious electrical problem that I had to fix myself.

Being full time, I can’t drag the tt back to the dealer with every defect. Still fixing problems. Also dealer sold me too much trailer for my truck.

My fault on this one. Thinking of taking dealer to court if I have trouble towing in the spring.

Warren Buffett; It seems I assume that Forest River might have some new purchased RV'S ,with a few warranty problems. I purchased a 2018 Coachmen Clipper Cadet at top dollar and having trouble with warranty work being done. Please fix your , Air conditioners, it is very hot in the State of Florida!

I have a 2010 salem camper. The slide out likes about 5 to 5 inches being all the way out.

It’s stuck & will not go any farther. What can I do??

Jayco junk pile with in the first month every water line in it was leaking.the electric wiring is a nightmare. A month and a half in my new fifty thousand dollars jayco I had an electrical fire. Every panel I removed from the jayco makes me sick mass produced JUNK.

@John Harper Camper land

LOL

I called Burton Campers in Calera,Alabama to discuss my issues with Yellowhammer in Clanton,Alabama in reference to possibly trading my 2017 ARTIC WOLF.The salesman was really straight up about the loss I would take.He said it was the nature of the business.I don't remember his name,but this guy made me wish I could.Burton Campers has been in business at least 20 years selling Jayco campers.I was trying to buy local and help a upstart business.I have made a big mistake and wish I could do something to disassociate my self from Yellowhammer Rv sales Clanton ,Alabama

be very careful when buying from them. not only do they not pay there employees the last paycheck. they hide alot of faults in there rvs

@rob s. ex employee

Sounds like you were a horrible employee!

From a service point of view, my Forest River (Rockwood) travel trailer was great and only had minor service requirements. Parts were easily acquired and items fixed in a timely fashion.

Jayco, on the other hand, has terrible service. Their method of acquiring parts is out moded. First, the repairman must get approval from Jayco for warranted items. Then the repairman orders part from Jayco parts dept.

Then Jayco orders part from vendor. Then Jayco sends part to repairman. This process can take up to four weeks.

A critical part can force the trailer or RV to remain in place until the part arrives and is installed. This is totally unsat.

Buyer Beware: 2015 Wildcat 312BHX

We have had nothing but problems with ours, which we bought BRAND NEW! The list of things that have broke or not met quality expectations is endless:

- motor to front legs to lift unit, stopped working after using only 3 times.

- Windows leaking

-shelves falling down

-rear jack motors not working -front cap with major cracks and spider cracks - shelves in outdoor fridge collapse, cannot tolerate even holding a twelve pack -awning does not roll up properly - drain to septic and gray does not stop flowing with use of handles.

Will be a slow flow, only way to completely stop is make sure cap is on. -door hinges loose and placed on crooked to begin with. -microwave door stopped opening properly and cracked trim around it. -drain in outdoor kitchen does not drain properly.

-back up camera will not work We have owned it for 1 year and it has been in the dealer for repair for 8 MONTHS of that. Forest River is so slow at getting parts to the dealer to do any repairs. They also tried to deny covering some of the repairs while under our one year manufacturer warranty! The unit also pulls poorly.

Lots of "bucking". Plus, the pin box design is horrible.

If we have to make a tight turn, it has hit the box of our truck side and damaged it! Beware, we have learned our lesson the very hard way and will never purchase another Forest River product.

I own a Jayco and there warranty is ***!! waiting 6 months for stuff to be done.. always a run around.

I don't own a jayco so I cant conpair

Same