Start a new comparison

2.3
270 reviews
3.1
199 reviews

How would you compare Ebay vs Tophatter?

Both are about the same no way to talk too Tophatter and eBay just rounds you around in circles with returns that aren’t credited back. Upset with both.

Tophatter is a total rip off! I would not recommend them to anyone!

I recently ordered a jacket that had such a strong chemical smell I had to place it in the garage! I think it would be dangerous to wear!

Everything I have ordered has tarnished! I have never been able to reach a live customer service representative!

@bwilliams

They don't have a live customer service person but you can email them and somebody will answer but not guaranteed you will get the answer you are looking for!! I purchased Gold bars and rounds from them and only to find out they only have 6% gold in them and not worth much at all and I've asked for my money back along with me sending everything back but they need to pay shipping!!

Their response was you have 30 days which it's past that a while ago!!! I'm getting a lawyer and fight this to the end as their excuse was the sellers know the rules.

SteadyInsect

Ebay gets me what I want when I want. I can always contact ebay when needed. Right now I can't say the same for Tophatter.

Ebay has better quality items.

EBay A and Tophatter F. Because no one should have to wait 3?weeks to a month for their product as with tophatter

I would give eBay a B and Tophatter an F - I am pleased to say that I have been expelled forever from Tophatter for returning too many of their *** items. That’s fine since I never planned to go back

Tophatter is soooo slow! I ordered 3 weeks ago.

Still waiting! Not impressed.

How would you compare Tophatter vs Ebay?

there is no comparison.ebay is like Sotheby's and Tophatter is like a flea market, in Bangladesh.

Cust serv at TH is NON EXISTANT. No phone number that works and a robot on chat. Ebay has a real person who actually talks, tho not always from this country.

TH should be investigated by the FTC and their management thrown in prison.iIs that clear enough?

#1420557

there is no comparison. ebay is like Sotheby's and Tophatter is like a flea market, in Bangladesh.

TH should be investigated by the FTC and their management thrown in prison. iIs that clear enough?

Most item's are not worth buying.

Have never had a problem with E-Bay. On the other hand Top Hatter is a scam, a rip off, and fraudulent advertising.

Got a purse for $20 with another $25 for shipping.

I spent $45 to get the equivalent to a black plastic bag! Leather purse, my ***!

I always received my merchandise from EBay. Top hatter is a different story.

One of my items was shipped to the wrong address with no replacement, just refund. Another item was refunded without my request.

So twice I've not received bids I've won. Suspicious.

I went on line live and made several bids I received more junk for big buck, things I could have brought from a dollar Tree store and gotten better items and without all those unnecessary shipping charges. I'm so disappointed.

the protected fresh box I can't believe they charged any one for that junk. What a waste of time and money. The order # is 36669944.

Gear XS(DK-B6). Why bother selling that trash?

I've Never used eBay to bid on anything so all I can comment on is how tophatter is a rip off

I never have a problem with ebay. Bidding privileges have been suspended twice by Tophatter through no fault of mine.

While bidding on items, the bid does not go through right away then the bid is over & my bid automatically is forwarded to the next item. If I win the item. I have to cancel out on it because it is not something I physically bid on.

Tophatter stayed i have too many cancellations & cancels my bidding privileges for 24 hrs. Does anyone else have this problem with Tophatter?

@Anonymous

I've had the same thing happen to me. Bid on one item yet get another. I also cancelled.

Haven't dealt with Ebay, but my first purchase from Tophatter was a big disappointment. Supposed to be 20" sterling silver chain, but received 18" cheap-looking, flimsy, article. Trying to find Tophatter Home, so I can close account.

@Anonymous

Good Luck!!!!!

Disappointed with Tophatter size of jewelry. Clothes from China are child size and cheap.

Top Rated Ebay Reviews