Start a new comparison

• ISSUES RESOLVED
Top Products and Services
1.3
2 reviews

How do you compare Dropbox vs Hightail?

I have only used Dropbox as a recipient, when an author of mine sent some files using their Dropbox account. I dropped Hightail because I no longer needed to use their service after switching my email to Gmail.

When using Gmail, if I want to send a file that is too large to send as an email attachment (Gmail cuts off attachments at 25 MB), Gmail automatically uploads the file to my GoogleDrive and then inserts a link in the email to that file so the recipient can download the file. And the Gmail method is free. So I no longer have a need for a service that charges a fee to do the same thing.

I used Hightail (ori9ginally called YouSendIt) for about five years and was fairly satisfied with their service.

Their name change seemed dumb - YouSendIt seemed more apropos to the service they offered. And last year their web site makeover was a disaster as it became harder to do what I needed to do and some of the changes made the features difficult to determine how to use them.

Top Rated Dropbox Reviews