Start a new comparison

1.2
806 reviews
186 reviews
83 reviews

How would you compare DOORDASH vs Grubhub?

BrainyChipmunk
Both services offered me discounts when I complained about the food delivery.
My food was not received from Grubhub after two hours.

When I contacted customer service, they even stated that "they were unable to contact the driver".

I immediately placed an order with Doordash, and the order was received at the exact time on my status.
I have something else to compare
I am not aware of any other food delivery service.
Grubhub has better service
Grubhub is actually able to deliver your food and if they aren't they do not lie about it like DoorDash and just take your money while you sit there waiting for food that will never come because DoorDash is greedy and won't admit they have no dashers in your area.
YawningRaccoonDog
I have to say that Doordash has resolved any problems we have had.
Where as Grub Hub employees decided to steal my credit card info and use it to buy movies and video games. Luckily my bank stopped this and filed criminal charges against them!

Don't use Grubhub!!!
Door Dash is terrible! Grub hub is awesome!

Terrible service and really bad delivery with Door dash
Never resolved the issue after 3 1/2 wks

Could of done more to reinsurance the order and food was correct

I have something else to compare
Postmate
My persona experience is that Grubhub is even worse than DoorDash. Grubhub representatives are the WORST—incredibly rude, will never admit their mistakes, and they just don’t care. Apparently hey don’t care about their jobs either!

See above

DoorDash has a much better turn around time, however, some menus on the Grubhub site offer a better variety.

HumorousWasp808

bad sevice for door dash

Grubhub is not an option they only list one restaurant in my area.....

Grubhub is better then DoorDash

What I hate about both is you tip upfront then find out some muppet is bringing it 40 mins late.

AngryWolf627
@Anonymous

That’s not the driver, it’s the app. The driver will sometimes get the order long after it should have been delivered, because the automated system didn’t send it to them right away.

Also, the driver has to be within a couple miles of the restaurant to receive the “ding” to pick up from the restaurant. Drivers are NOT employed by Door Dash, they’re independent contractors.

UtopianWolverine968

I haven't had anything but charges from GrubHub not a single bite of food has been delivered to my door as of yet. However they manage to charge me not once but twice on 2/15/19 $40 and as today 2/20 /IITs not been resolved.

Their customer service has assured me it will be .

I still don't know why NO FOOD AND TWO CHARGES ! NOW, DOORDASH A DREAM COME TRUE fast, excellent service and delicious food.

SteelPiranha194
@UtopianWolverine968

I thought the same thing, until I waited over 2 hours for food and then when I tried to find out where it was I got slapped with the realization the only real time customer support available is the "Dasher's" phone number...which went straight to voice mail. Once I emailed Customer Service all they did for me was cancel my order, which I didn't ask them to do, I asked them to get me my food, and I am still waiting for a refund. Someone needs to start a company that has the selection of door dash but with real time customer service that actually cares about their customers.

AngryWolf627
@SteelPiranha194

You’re not provided the real number of a Dasher, that’s just the scrambled number that their service uses to “hide” your number from the Dasher, and vice versa. Supposedly for privacy.

Grubhub delivery fees are too high that’s why I stopped using them.

Both have their issues. Grubhub a little more reliable when ordering with things like website glitches etc.

so far I haven’t had issues with website or placing orders. Doordash has many more food options. Grubhub customer service, while easier to get a hold of, isn’t quite as good about handling any missing items or incorrect orders.

Doordash is easy to get a refund on app, but to actually get on chat or find a way to call them is way more time consuming then it should be. Both are good when everything goes right but prefer Doordash’s larger restaurant options.

I have had far better experiences with DoorDash than with Grubhub. DoorDash texts me with updates, delivers what I actually ordered, has cheaper delivery fees, more restaurants available, and quicker delivery. Their customer service also seems more responsive.

it's not much better. not a lot of selections either and just as slow

I would say having ordered from DoorDash in the past that was the most awful experience ever! I would have to choose GruhHub over DoorDash anyday.

Top Rated DOORDASH Reviews