Start a new comparison

• Loss of channels7
  • Customer service and service4
Show

Discussion

They are about the same No Caparison They both Do False Advertising to get customers, They both up the Price when you sign up, Upgrades are not free like they say..They Both are the Worse Nightmare A Person can deal with when talking to Customer Service Reps.Most of them sound like Foriengers no offense but you can't hardly understand what they are saying ,I think Im going to find me some Rabbit ears like my Dad had Back in the day on our one TV.Sometimes my oldest brother would put foil on it to get Extra Channels.

Then We Upgraded to The Antenna .But We didn't have to deal with All this Crazy Price hiking Pain in the Yes Sir.God is Good.

Dalzell, South Carolina, United States #1340235

See now i wish had gone with dish cause directv

bonniejar
Dallas, Texas, United States #1325939

I did not compare them. I am finished with satellite and cable tv and will figure out something else.

Pinellas Park, Florida, United States #1319646

I have been a Directv customer for 8 years, since the merger with at&t I have had nothing but issues, my bill just jumped up 70+ dollars and have been given multiple different excuses why, none of which were valid, authorized or previously a billable occurance throughout service history.My services are worse than ever and now so is customer support.

I have actually been hung up on by more than one representative and in one instance spent an hour on the phone with an assistant who throughout the duration of the troubleshoot was beligerant, rude and beyond inappropriate.

I am done with their services, what a shame.Watching an empire disintegrate into dust but I will no longer be a part of it's devastation...good bye Directv!

Direct TV has better HD and clarity.However, their satellite internet (all we can get where we live) is atrociously slow.

(3 MPS download). Their "2 yr. price guarantee" is a joke that is not funny.

Know many, many people who have been mislead by them.

Bottom line is-both know they have a monopoly in the satellite business and they really don't seem to care how they treat their customers when it comes to pricing or customer service.

The FFC turns their heads on both.

Tatum, New Mexico, United States #1312921

I do know that in many ways Direct TV is better, because it has its recording to where you can record without it interfering the current show Im watching I can also watch my record movies on all tvs with dish, you can only watch them on the main receivers, I can also record in the bedroom, and with dish you cannot, I would have to get up go turn dish tv on in main room if I see a movie I have been wanting to watch while im on the bedroom TV, , I also like direct tv because it gives me a lot of recording hours, with dish tv it doesnt give me alot of hours of recording time, so in my option direct tv is a better buy.

Cape Coral, Florida, United States #1182663

I do not know ANYTHING about dish network other than the fact that they dropped NEWSMAX which in my opinion is ONE OF THE SORRIEST DECISIONS THEY EVER MADE.Ironically, it comes at a time when consumers need to hear the truth about Hilary Clinton & her lying escapades.

It proves the Direct TV is nothing more than a liberal piece of s--t company.I do not support them & will tell EVERYONE NOT TO SUPPORT THEM EITHER!!!