Start a new comparison

• Way this place was run and the food was bad1
Show

Discussion

Orlando, Florida, United States #1344082

I am very upset about visit to the restaurant for my birthday and wanted to use my birthday coupon from IHOP.Excited!

I went in they were busy. Given a buzzer, waited for 30 mines. And was never called. I went back in and was told that he wrote the wrong number down and I was seated long after I arrived.

I presented the server with the coupon and advised her of my order, Big Steak Omelet. When I was finished the server brought me the bill. I reminded her that I had the birthday coupon she left and came back. She stated that her manager told her that the coupon is only for pancakes and I could not use it for my meal.

I explained to her that I have never had an issue paying the difference of the $7.99 value of the coupon. She stated she did not ask the manager until the bill and he advised that they would not accept the coupon. The gentlemen came to my table and told me he would not / could not deduct the coupon values. I told him the same thing.

As I was speaking with him, he just turned and walked away from me. I followed him and asked to speak with HIS manager or give me the number to the GM/ DM.

He pointed me, still me to a larger man mixing pancake mix in a bucket on the outside of the kitchen near the pass. This man stated he was the manager (unfortunately I dont remember of he was Steve or Mike) He stated the manager had advised him of the situation and he would also not honor the coupon, first he said I did not tell the...

I told him that I did not have the cash, I had $5 for the balance and the Tip but no other cards or cash.

I was extremely UPSET, TAKEN ABACK and EMBARRESSED with how he, in a crowded restaurant continued to make it seem as though I was attempting a DINE AND DASH.AND LATER THREATENED TO CALL THE POLICE.

I explained that I had the coupon and had never in the years since I had been a member to the revolution club (I recently moved to another side of town) had any issues with getting something less or more expensive with the coupon. I explained to him that I had just used another coupon and there was no issue.

He then stated that I was lying and trying to reuse the coupon. I TOLD HIM THAT AS A CLUB MEMBER, NOT ONLY DO I GET A BIRTHDAY COUPON, I ALSO GET AN ANNIVERSARY COUPON- IHOP SENDS 2 COUPONS. HE AGAIN STATED I WAS INCORRECT. I SAID AS A MANAGER STORE, GENERAL OR REGINAL MANAGER, HE SHOULD KNOW HOW THE CLUB WORKS AND IHOP POLICIES.

He told me again I was incorrect. This is common knowledge. IT SAYS IT ON THE WEBSITE!!! But he repeatedly accused me of lying.

HE THE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO LEAVE A PERSONAL ITEM AND GO GET THE MONEY TO PAY THE BILL.

HE SUGGESTED I LEAVE MY GLASSES (I AM VISION IMPAIRED AND NEED THEM TO SEE), MY PURSE, HOUSE KEY OR OTHER PERSONAL ITEM AND IT WOULD BE RETURNED WHEN I CAME BACK WITH THE MONEY. BY THIS TIME THE RESTUATUNT BECAME QUIT AND MOST WERE LSITENING TO HIM SCREAM AT ME ABOUT THE BILL. When I refused, HE THREATENED TO CALL THE POLICE. I TOLD HIM HE COULD USE MY PHONE AS HIS BEHAVIOR WAS UNACCEPTABLE AND NOT BECOMING OF ANY TYPE OF MANAGER.

My voice and tone changed at this point. I refused to leave any items, he refused to take the coupon, he refused to give me a copy of the bill with the information I needed to file the complaint against he and the other manager. AFTER I TOLD HIM I WOULD CALL THE POLICE BECAUSE OF HIS ACCUSING ME OF STEALING AND BECOMING IRRATE WITH ME ABOUT HE NOT KNOWING POLICY, he changed his tone and told me that he would take care of the bill for me this time. I reminded him that I was not asking him to take care of anything just honor the coupon.

I told him I would be calling corporate from the parking lot waiting on the police had it been a weekday! I ASSURED HIM I WOULD REPORT HIM. Anniversaries and Birthdays come once a year, but I eat at IHOP all the time with my family after church on Sundays and with my grandmother for out dates (We did, I miss her). Mr.

Mike or Steve then said he would eat the cost, and invited me to NEVER COME TO THIS STORE again without money. Again, he was extremely continually disrespectful for no reason. I have been a manager and worked in retain and customer service. I HAVE NOT BEEN BACK and when I told my family usually a gathering of 10 or more, they have also decided not to patronize ANY IHOP.

IF THIS IS HOW OTHERS ARE TREATED AT THIS STORE, YOU MAY NEED TO RERVALUATE WHO IS IN CHARGE OF YOUR STORES. THEY ARE OFTEN UNDERSTAFFED, THE FIORST TIME I WENT IN 3 PEOPLE LEFT BECAUSE THERE WAS ONLY 1 SERVER AND THE COOK. I WATCHED AS FOOD WAS SENT OUT INCORRECTLY OR DELIVERED ICE COLD. I DIDNT LET THAT KEEP ME FROM VISITING, BUT THIS DEFINNITLY HAS.

In my 44 years, I have never been treated so rudely. I feel this was because I am black and this was a racial issue with him. Call the police for $10 when you have a coupon and are willing to pay the difference? What was he going to tell them?

Ask me to leave my personal items for payment? Is that how his store is operating?

I would like for a representative to call me to further discuss.Jamilah Coleman Orlando Fl 32806