Start a new comparison

1.3
50 reviews
1.6
42 reviews

How would you compare Centurylink vs Spectrum?

RealisticPerch357

centurylink has slower services 10mbps that cost me 83 dollars compared to spectrum's 100mbps for 44 dollars.

#1420754

Is century Link better than spectrum? No.

Spectrum adds fees to your bill consistently with lame excuses and one rep told me the corporate taxes went up so they added it to my bill. I pay my taxes they should have to pay theirs out of their profits, not keep raising the bill. The phone has a hollow sound to it and I called three times and they reset it but to no avail. The internet during my online class ran a warning that the signal was too low and unstable; but at least it was flawless in the installation; unlike century link.

Century Link was out to my home 5 times each morning and then leaving, continually telling me they would be back that afternoon to finish and then calling to schedule the next day. Each day was another excuse, and this was after we waited a week for them to import the number. Then they did not have the internet on the invoice for installation; yes that was five days and they wanted to come back, when I finally said enough is enough. The phone was working for a few days (3) but without the caller ID and other "benefits" which they charge you for.

When you call the rep tells you that these benefits are free; so no big deal if you don't have them. UGGH! Then when you try to photograph the label on the modem so you have a copy to return it, the picture is blurry. It cannot be photograhed or copied on a copy machine, neither work.

So you have to hand write all the information on a piece of paper before you pack up the box. Then they had the nerve to send me a bill??? really and they were charging me $60 for install! Install that never happened!

They should pay me for waiting around for 5 days for their technician to complete a job that should only take a few hours at best.

And how do you charge for phone service that did not work correctly, and had no caller Id, call fowarding or the other perks that come with the service?? Unfortunately this is what we have to deal with until another service provider comes to the area..when that happens it will be a good day.

Top Rated Centurylink Reviews