Start a new comparison
107 reviews
1.3
93 reviews
Show

How would you compare Centurylink vs Cox Communications?

I don't know about Cox, but I was ready to take a chance on them and escape from CenturyLink until one of CenturyLink's agents did the right thing and listened to the recent issue, understood the recent issue, and resolved the recent issue. I am still disappointed that so many hours were spent with other agents that did not understand how to resolve the issue.

And of course there is still my disappointment with a previous issue - that their break-agreement clause was a one-way deal. Curious? Read on: Not going to go into a long story, but I agreed to a 2 year service at a fixed price. Part of the deal was that I would pay a penalty if I did not go the full 2 year term.

If I moved, there would not be a penalty if I kept using the service. I moved. The service at the new location costs about twice as much as the agreed price. If I did not agree to pay the higher price, I was going to be charged the early termination fee.

I do not usually enter into long service agreements, but I made an exception only because I was assured that I would not have to pay the fee if they did not offer service at the new location. When I entered into the agreement I was not informed that if I moved, the price would change to about twice the agreed price and that I would have to pay that new price or pay the early termination fee. It boggles my alleged mind that they could still charge me a penalty for breaking the deal when they would not hold the price that we agreed to. If any lawyers who read this want to initiate a class-action, count me in.

Disclaimer: The foregoing is merely an opinion based on my understanding, belief, and feelings. My agreement to the Terms of Service is merely a recital, as the Terms of Service contain more information than I am willing to read, and the Terms even advise that legal advice be sought. "You may wish to consult with an attorney before using the Services." Not going to happen unless you pay for the attorney and pay me for my time. No siree Bob.

Sorry. I do not agree to all of those terms. This disclaimer applies to past, present and future use of this service and all service that I use or do not use. So there.

Neener neener neener.

It's all in fun anyway, eh comrade? Have a great day!

I've been very unhappy and angry with Cox Communications

But after reading Centurylink reviews it sounds much worse than Cox.

Norfolk, Virginia, United States #1338927

I'm quite pleased, After being held hostage for years by DirecTV, i finally decided to bundle!!! I have the contour services which I enjoy a lot..its a bit pricey the I'm enjoying it so far..

Vista, California, United States #1336309

Can a consumer downgrade their TV service out and just have internet, in other words is the unethical and fraud embracing Cable racketeers drop your calls when you try to cancel... Through their "Voice activated call avoidance system"?

do they have Sales Reps that do not have the power to Cancel or downgrade your service. Only to refer you to the first Call dropping system...

There is not ever any mention on their web site or Phone system. Anything that remotely indicates where or how to downgrade or cancel...

does their tv service have an equal balance of 60% ads versus 40% "entertainment" ( your show!)?

Do they come out of their hole during the Daytime to feed?

or do they prefer to corner and confuse their prey at night?

Warm blooded or Reptilian?

Top Rated Centurylink Reviews