Start a new comparison

225 reviews
191 reviews
1.5
166 reviews

How would you compare BMO Harris Bank vs Chase Bank?

I only ever had a credit card from Chase, and the very first time I used it, I wanted to make a balance transfer from an older card. The Chase limit was $800 and the other card's balance was somewhere between $500-$600.

I told Chase to transfer the whole balance--then was shocked to discover I was still getting a bill from the old card.

Chase had decided to only transfer $500 of what I told them to so I would still "have some spending money." (Just like BMO is restricting my cash advances even when they don't come anywhere near the card limit). So I had TWO credit card bills to pay instead of one, and a late fee on my old one because I thought it had been paid off!!

I paid Chase off as quickly as I could and closed the account and haven't been back.

Top Rated BMO Harris Bank Reviews