Start a new comparison

1.8
277 reviews
1.6
122 reviews

How do you compare BlackPeopleMeet vs Plentyoffish?

There is no comparison. BPM is godawful.

You cannot say anything negative on your profile and they do this so other non-paying unsuspecting users will be more inclined to also be caught in the scam to buy a subscription! I refuse to use any of the upgrade services and that includes reading or replying to messages. Upgrading was a waste of money. Once I realized the filters do not work and you can’t even search with a certain mile radius from where you live I was really disappointed.

I didn’t like how the site was set up and I tried to get a refund the VERY next day and was denied. Less than 32 hours later and got told because I sent messages, they will not refund me! Since the filters on this site and app DON’T WORK and my money has been wasted, I tried typing up what I was looking for on my actual profile and describe what I was looking for, including someone that stays less than an hour from me. I wouldn’t have to regurgitate the same info the filters are supposed to help me with but they don’t work!

I was getting 80%flirts 20% messages and why? I believe most users are NOT upgraded but BPM will not allow you to specify if you are upgraded to folks visiting your page. If you put in your profile you are an upgraded and dissatisfied member, they will delete it. If you say ANYTHING negative about BPM, you will get your whole profile description deleted.

They are so gangster with it, lol. They put on a front to make a non subscriber think they are missing out on messages and perks but it’s a scam. A bunch of men way older than what I wanted filtered were contacting me daily and they few guys in my age range were hundreds of miles away!!! I would swipe left on the majority of my “Daily Matches” and swipe right one maybe 2 and the next day I’d go on and it would be the SAME FEW GUYS!!!

I’m like what that *** And the next day. When the list did update, it was never anymore than maybe 10 guys which the majority were out of my filtered settings and for the next 4 days in have to swipe the same frickin guys again!!! What a waste of time and money! Once you pay like I did, after one day you’ll see it was a total waste and they will not give you any refund but will go back and forth with you through emails with different excuses.

I am keeping these emails as I am not finished complaining yet on different sites and I want to keep proof of ALL that that said to me and how horrible customer service is. Plenty of Fish has filters that actually work, not 100% but I’d say over 85%. Except for 1 or 2 *** guys that have several profiles, you always have an virtually endless amount of users to view and swipe left of right. They allow you to message and you can say whatever the heck you want, which is a gift and a curse...

but I can even say POF sucks and they will not block or delete your profile (it doesn’t suck, this is an example) You can do more for FREE on POF than you can when you pay on BPM. All open reviews show how low the ratings really are for BPM. The ratings that you can’t contribute to are probably by companies partnered with or sponsored by BPM! One of the last “customer service” emails I got pretty much said as of that day they could not refund me, but I had sent complaints by email st least 2 times before that day-documented and responded to!

This site scams people and again, You cannot say anything negative on your profile and they do this so other non-paying unsuspecting users will be more inclined to also be caught in the scam to buy a subscription! POF is not perfect but it is so much better than BPM!

Top Rated BlackPeopleMeet Reviews