Start a new comparison

2.5
14 reviews
1.3
11 reviews

How would you compare Banfield Pet Hospital vs VCA Animal Hospital?

Banfield in SC was fantastic but in AZ I would rate them a 0 (zero). Their customer services is the worst, their caring for your animals distress, even worse.

Their honesty with you at the front desk, who rely on the computer info but worse yet the Vet with firsthand knowledge have no problem flat out lying to you. When you call their bluff they want to cancel your plan and charge you market price instead of the plan price you pay a fortune for.
Their service only extends to appointments, animals on plan they will not see without an appointment which could be weeks away, the animal could be dead by then and they don't care. There is no customer or loyal customer care or service.

After 18 years and six dogs I ended the health plan, costing $250.00 a month for our three Yorkies when a vet said I could not get my dog as they were on an IV, when I insisted and got the dog it had never been on an IV and I am sure was not even looked at after 6 hours at the clinic which wasacross town from our regular clinic who refused to see our pet in abdominal distress. The private vet I took him to saw him within minutes and shoed care and professional care.
I have something else to compare
I am finding it to be less expensive to just take dogs to emergency vets when needed, do the annual low cost vaccinations and exams that are offered locally and save thousands per year.

Yorkies are known to have bad teeth still a dental specialist procedure stll saves thousand and it is quicker to get them in to be seen. Banfield Tucson AZ should be ashamed.
SpryCeskyFousek
Never been there. The people at the Dog Park are diverse and open about how there is really no differance.

They are bottom line businesses that prey on rescue owners that don’t know their options.
Both try to over vaccinate and the lobby local business to make dogs get a flu shot this year.
I choose what my pet gets and if “the bark hotel” dose not want my dog due to no flue vaccine, People will figure it out when someone looses their pet as there is always a casualty when it comes to vaccines. Banfield could have killed mine and did seriously inhibit her mentally when it was absolutly unessasary. Just because some credited vet is getting paid to push a vaccine should never mean all dog should and owners pay the price, be it their health or $$.

same

I have something else to compare
The one next to the shelter and Bark Park is the most casual, reasonable and caring.
They also recomend Petco’s once a month vet unless your dog is in bad health and then UC Davis in Davis is the place to go.
I have never heard of so much required proceedures that have no basis or standard in laws or even proven to work. Please don’t subject you pet blindly to any vaccine.

Their both there for the money!! Took our pet to Banfield last year, and our pet wasnt even examined. Altho it was a free visit, I did pay for rabies shot, but they were very inefficiant lacking!

Top Rated Banfield Pet Hospital Reviews