Start a new comparison

159 reviews
1.2
49 reviews
39 reviews

How do you compare Homeadvisor vs Angies List?

I would avoid both companies now that Home Advisor has purchased Angie's List. I got good traffic as ad advertiser on Angie's List but now Angie's List send their members' info to Home Advisor who charges me a lead fee to get their contact info.

So I get double charged, $400.00/month to be an Angie's List Advertiser and the lead fees from Home Adviser when AL members could have just found me on Angie's List web-site.

Everytime you call Home Advisor to request a credit on bad leads, they find every excuse in the book to not give you the credit back. They are in it to fill their pockets with millions of dollars and really don't care about the small businesses and contractors who actually do the work and take care of the clients.

#1602080

"WARNING" {PLEASE BE AWARE } i have been a fixed cost, paid advertiser on ANGIES LIST since 2003 they are charging my credit card $325.00 a month for this service also a seller on HOMEADVISOR since 2011 they charge me for lead referrals, and they are very expensive ranging from $10.00 to over $100.00 per lead referral. Homeadvisor was formally SERVICE MAGIC.

all of these Companies are owned by the same miss leading company IAC/INTERACTIVECORP. I have recently come to find out that the CUSTOMER/ LEADS that i have been paying ANGIES LIST the fixed amount of $325.00 a month for are being sold back to me through HOMEADVISOR, and they are charging me these very expensive lead fee's. They are double dipping their customer's {BIG TIME}. They also charge me for leads for work that are not in scope of my business and are not in my set area of service.

They charge me for leads in county's many miles from where my set geographical zones are located. When i spend hours on the phone to try to get refunds for all these bogus leads, they tell me that they do not give refund's but in some case's they will issue a credit for another bogus lead. These companies have cost me, not only time wasted trying to contact these phony leads then trying to get credits but are costing me a lot of missed job's because i have been wasting my advertising opportunities on them, instead of trying other means to find customers. i thought i was dealing with two different advertisers and found out they are the same companies double charging me.

This is one big SCAM. The San Francisco District Attorney, George Gascon has has filed a FALSE ADVERTISING CASE against ANGIE'S LIST INC. for making false and misleading statements on the ANGIE'S LIST website and in television ads in VIOLATION of CALIFORNIA LAW.

You can Twitter: @GeorgeGascon or Contact: ALEX BASTIAN (415) 553-1931 Or NIKESH PATEL (415) 734-3205 please contact these people if you feel like you have been a VICTIM of these SCAM ARTIST'S. You can GOOGLE: SAN FRANCISCO DISTRICT ATTORNEY FILES FALSE ADVERTISING SUIT AGAINST ANGIE'S LIST.

Top Rated Angies List Reviews