PissedConsumer.com strives to provide consumers with the right information to make informed purchasing decisions. Our website collected and compiled various consumer reviews about American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric as well as customer ratings and recommendations for these brands. Each brand score is calculated based on set of relevant criteria and displays company performance over time.

American Power and Gas
Rochester Gas Electric

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Overview

Total reviews
Company responses
Issues resolved

American Power and Gas was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Feb 22, 2014 and since then this brand received 76 reviews. It is 12 reviews more than Rochester Gas Electric received since Aug 17, 2009.

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Consumer Ratings

48 in category
98 in category
62 in category
145 in category

According to consumer ratings and reviews, American Power and Gas ranks 46 points higher in the Utility category than Rochester Gas Electric. People gave American Power and Gas 1.8 stars for Customer service criterion in Utility category and it is 240 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. At the same time, Rochester Gas Electric was rated 1.5 stars for Customer service criterion in this category and it is 214 points higher than the worst rated brand in this category. If we look at Billing Practices criterion, than we see that American Power and Gas has a higher rating than Rochester Gas Electric. Regarding Staff criterion, consumers gave American Power and Gas 1.8 stars and it is 78% greater than other in category. Rochester Gas Electric however was rated 1.2 stars and it is 50% worse than other in category.

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Rating Details

1.8 (19 reviews)
1.5 (30 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

I haven't had a lot of problems with American Power and gas but one day I had a problem with part of my bill and after calling and speaking to a customer service rep, the issue was completely fixed the same day and I wasn't expecting to actually hear anything back based on how other...

PissedConsumer1094398

Rg&E is simply a monopoly horrible service terrible customer service they crap on there customers they should be closed..

PissedConsumer1706466
1.9 (17 reviews)
1.3 (21 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

...Well they increased my rates 50% more then peco, i didn't cancel because didn't want to lose the rebate check, then when i got it it was only for $27 freaken dollars!! It was only for 25% of my average month's billing!! Rip off artists!! This company can go to ***!! ..

PissedConsumer1038987

...After, more than 25 years of PRICE GOUGING RATES, I think its time to start a class action Law Suit against RGE, their completely aware of all the unethical business practices..

Chrisa W
1.8 (17 reviews)
1.2 (18 reviews)
Reviewer's quote

They are charging me more than the regular provider! Charging $81.00 per month! Regret I hadn't checked my bill sooner.

Shariya

Scam you for service you dont use then scam you when you want to cancel their service.

PissedConsumer1721190

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Service if they gave me what they told me they would
  • Green energy
  • Great to work with
  • Supply gas and electric
  • Reliable
  • People are clear communicators
Cons
  • Hostile
  • Disrespectful
  • Bait and switch scam
  • Not customer satisfaction focused
  • Inflexible customer services rep
  • Service is poor

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Most Positive Reviews

Top rated reviews

The employees I interacted with were very nice and professional. I really enjoyed working with them.

A big thankyou to all the workers ofrg&e for working in the harsh conditions to restore power to all. Thankyou.

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Most Critical Reviews

Lowest rated reviews

First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam. DO NOT USE. They are a...

I forgot to pay my bill... my kids, especially my baby suffered because I am an ***. The baby is teething and feverish....

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Latest Reviews

Recent published reviews
1.2

I was sitting by my gas fireplace and it went out. I have not been able to turn it on since. I don’t know what to do

American Power and Gas and Rochester Gas Electric Products and Services

Most reviewed product and services
  • American Power And Gas Customer Care (20 reviews)
  • American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply (12 reviews)
  • American Power And Gas Electricity Supply (11 reviews)
  • Rochester Gas Electric Customer Care (11 reviews)
  • Rochester Gas Electric Electricity Supply (10 reviews)
  • Rochester Gas Electric Residential Electricity Supply (8 reviews)