Start a new comparison

1.5
8 reviews
No votes
1 reviews

How would you compare American Musical Supply vs Musicians Friend?

I have shopped at MF for years. This week I called them to match a price on a guitar at AMS.

The difference was $75. They agreed to do it, no problem but since I had just been approved for an MF Platinum Card and I didn't have the number on me they wouldn't put the order through. I found out the next day that the salesperson could have looked it up on the Synchrony system. Anyway, when I called today with my card number, AMS had raised it''s price and now MF won't match it.

None of the salespeople I spoke to over a two-day period left any notes on my account indicating the agreed-to price match. So they said that there is nothing they can do. I'll probably end up going with AMS since they have an 8 payment, no interest plan and free 2 day shipping.

The only thing I don't like is that I have to pay a $14.95 service fee to set up the 8 payment plan, but at least I know I won't get charged interest and I'll have the guitar sooner. MF has gone downhill.

Top Rated American Musical Supply Reviews