Start a new comparison

• Customer service reps6
  • Coverage exclussions6
Show

Discussion

I was with American Home Shield for years. I switched last year to First American Home warranty because I didn't like the long hold time with AHS.

FAHW's premium is 35% higher than AHS but wanted to try them. Thought higher premium = better service and coverage. WRONG... I've 2 claims with AHS.

They replaced a $3500 stove with the same brand. They also paid a true replacement value for broken water softener. FAHW on the other hand, offered to replace my $2500 refrigerator with a cheaper brand or $900 cashout. I've escalated the case to the FAHW president and CEO of First American (parent company).

FAHW people were absolutely the rudest (I didn't find AHS rude) but I guess you have to be when you work for an unethical company with are constantly having to deal with angry customers.

I am most definitely going back to AHS.

At least they cover what they're supposed to. I've reported FAHW's unethical, if not illegal, business practice to California Insurance Commissioner and Consumer affairs.

Luttrell, Tennessee, United States #1322400

I have had American Home Shield warranty on a house in NC for the last 5 years. Never had a problem.

They even sent a tech who was versed in fuel oil furnaces. I'm still waiting on First American to prove themselves worthy of a good rating.