Start a new comparison

89 reviews
1.6
31 reviews
16 reviews

How do you compare American Home Shield vs Choice Home Warranty?

Since I have used both and had problems with both I would say they are basically the same. AHS is easier to put in a claim with and the contractor does usually contact you with in 24 hours and it is possible to speak to a human whenever you call.

The main problem with AHS is the fee continues to rise and what they cover continues to get to be less.I'm new to Choice and i find it ridiculous that you can't talk to a human being when you put in your claim. NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE.

I have not spoken to a human being since I took out the plan. It even took the contractor two days after reporting my problem to get a decision on fixing the problem when it stated clearly that it was a covered part.I'm beginning to think that they are both rip offs.

joetocool
Antioch, Illinois, United States #1352375

right know any company would be better then American Home shield

273eileen
Branford, Connecticut, United States #1305869

Great idea to due comparisons. As far as home warranties, looks like they all pretty much stink with American Home Shield, as the one of the top stinkers of them all.

Blauvelt, New York, United States #1233620

American Home Shield is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Bunch of idiots on the phone.

to Anonymous #1586699

you're also an idiot.

Buena Park, California, United States #1193186

Poor service from American Home Shield, every time I had called I am on hold for over 1:15 min. Also, I have tried to contacted American Home Shield to Live Chat, and it is the same thing.

I am going to see if I can cancel and switch back to my old home warranty. This is ridiculous!

to Anonymous #1316531

Can you tell us who your last company was and why you decided to switch to American Home Shield?

Port Charlotte, Florida, United States #1186148

Both Companies are the same, they lie and look for any excuse not to pay a claim. I hadon't 5 homes with both. Now I pay for repairs myself.

to TheresaFal***e1 #1316532

I think the reason they are so bad, is because they are both part of a huge conglomerate.

Neither of these companies is a single entity. Thank you Globalization and large corporate interests.

No one gives a hoot about the individual customer anymore. Service means nothing, which is why we end up with a United Airlines attitude.

Top Rated American Home Shield Reviews