Start a new comparison

1.3
108 reviews
1.5
58 reviews

How would you compare Ally Financial vs Synchrony Bank?

Ally's rates are lower than synchrony on their 1 yr and 2 yr c/d's. Synchrony has an actual bank in NJ at an address.

I just started using Synchrony for a c/d so I don't know if they give out loyal percentages for renewing a c/d. However Ally has you lose the loyal percentage on a renewal c/d if you put your money into a raise your rate c/d and the rate goes up. When I raised my rate at Ally on the 2 yr c/d I spoke to someone in customer service. He told me that I would not lose the loyalty percentage.

The Ally bank manager claimed that I was not told that when she listened to the recording. My 2 yr c/d is going to mature on May 1, 2017. The .05 percentage for a renewal of the c/d would amount to less than 25 cents but they refused to give it to me. It was not the money but the principle I was looking at.

Nowhere was it written on their website that you would lose the loyalty percentage once you raised your rate. Let the banking customer be aware when they open a c/d.

Top Rated Ally Financial Reviews