Start a new comparison

• Poor customer service3
  • Lack of respect for the customer3
Show

Discussion

Ally's rates are lower than synchrony on their 1 yr and 2 yr c/d's.Synchrony has an actual bank in NJ at an address.

I just started using Synchrony for a c/d so I don't know if they give out loyal percentages for renewing a c/d. However Ally has you lose the loyal percentage on a renewal c/d if you put your money into a raise your rate c/d and the rate goes up. When I raised my rate at Ally on the 2 yr c/d I spoke to someone in customer service. He told me that I would not lose the loyalty percentage.

The Ally bank manager claimed that I was not told that when she listened to the recording. My 2 yr c/d is going to mature on May 1, 2017. The .05 percentage for a renewal of the c/d would amount to less than 25 cents but they refused to give it to me. It was not the money but the principle I was looking at.

Nowhere was it written on their website that you would lose the loyalty percentage once you raised your rate.Let the banking customer be aware when they open a c/d.