Start a new comparison

1.1
9 reviews
1.4
9 reviews

How would you compare Allegheny Health Network vs Upmc?

Visit to Upmc Urgent Care center resulted in no help, " I don't think its is a tick bite, and even if it was, we can't help you" (since I'm allergic to doxycycline & its their preferred treatment). I guess they just figured too bad for me, made me feel dumb for seeking help for a "pink" rash (she spent more time arguing about its color than diagnosing).

Nurse practitioner with attitude, & ill informed. Intake window lady was good! Thanks A.G.H. for likely life saving treatment.

Allegheny Gen Hospital in Pittsburgh gave me an appointment same day I called (an urgent need, I coaxed). I was given antibiotic prescription same day! Dr was knowledgeble, efficient & thorough.
Upmc Urgent Care nurse was not well educated on Lyme. Their edu-info sheet on the wall contained very outdated statements and now incorrect, facts.

The paper they gave me to take home about insect bites had no info about ticks, Lyme or what to watch for. She never even took a close look at the site! I've come to expect the quality of service is hit or miss with this organization. One star for someone being on duty!

Contrast, AGH Dr recognized immediately the condition (in all fairness, was more obvious later), offered useful advice and information, was truly concerned, and gave immediate help.

Much Like JV and Varsity athletics: UPMC=Varsity AHN=JV *and ask yourself--if this wasn't at least partly true--why all the fuss? You don't see so much noise from the UPMC patients, rather the other way around. Yes,cost,attitude,etc play a role- but overall quality= no contest....

Top Rated Allegheny Health Network Reviews