Start a new comparison

1.3
20 reviews
16 reviews
15 reviews

How would you compare Airbnb vs VRBO?

VBRO has no customer service whatsoever. Airbnb issues me a refund whereas in a similar situation VBRO could care less

Home misrepresented
#1642056

I used to think VRBO and Air BNB were parallel in service until recently. VRBO is fine until you have a problem.

Their "book with confidence guarantee" is not actually beinign manifested. I booked a rental recently, after not being able to reach the owner, opted to cancel within the time frame permitted. VRBO site says the owner should contact you wthin 24 hrs to accept. Well, the owner never responded and it appears that my cancellation lingers in limbo.

After contacting VRBO numerous times , realize they had no intention to address and I was told to contact my credit card company. IF you book on air bnb or many of the other sites, once you cancel, hit the button, the cancellation goes through. With VRBO- it's more like a request and if owner doesn't respond the renter is left to figure it out. After a recent discrepancy with a vacation stay last month, air bnb reached out and asked for my response and they reconciled the issue.

Bottom line, Air bnb has a process to assist consumers while VRBO does not and leaves you to fend for yourself. I would discourage booking with VRBO based on their lack of follow up and customer service.

This was our first time using air bnb and I can honestly tell you it will be the last.......

There is no comparison. In four years of renting a vacation home out as an owner, I have plenty of experience with both companies.

Renting through VRBO we get twenty times as many guests as we recieve from Airbnb and Flipkey combined. VRBO is a much easier company to work with. Their employees treat you well.

Their policies are easier to deal with. VRBO also has insurance on each rental covering your home.

So far I prefer VRBO over AIRBNB