Start a new comparison

1.5
135 reviews
1.6
107 reviews

How do you compare Aimloan vs Quicken Loans?

I applied with Aim and got them to rate match a great rate on a 10 year refinance. From day one, I was assured by Amy and Nicole that I was fully qualified and would easily close on time.

One day prior to closing Aim backed out stating they would not proceed because of pending HOA litigation. The litigation in question is a nuisance lawsuit filed by a homeowner. One owner among hundreds. Aim was assured by the HOA attorney and manager that if it is not dismissed outright, it would never amount to damages above $10,000 and certainly not come close to 10% of the HOA reserves which is the standard for loans.

It turns out the HOA lawsuit was just a smokescreen. Aim did not want to give me the lower rate they had promised and sought to get out of the deal. No other lender has balked at financing because of the pending litigation as it is so trivial and of such little monetary value. By the time Aim cancelled, interest rates had gone up and I am now negotiating with much higher rates due to Aim.

They wasted my time and money and now I am paying a much higher price for a loan than I would have if they had honored their commitment. During the process, they also tried to throw in extra fees stating that it was my responsibility to cover the HOA questionnaire fees. The other lenders I obtained quotes from stated that in their estimate so that I was able to fairly compare all fees. I feel this was hidden from me by Aim since they clearly knew they would be requiring this questionnaire to be filled out.

Save your time and money and find another lender. Even if they offer you the lowest rate, there is nothing that will stop them from backing out at the last minute if they feel they are not making enough money, regardless of the harm it does to their customer.

Top Rated Aimloan Reviews