Start a new comparison

15 reviews
1.8
4 reviews
3 reviews

How would you compare ACME Markets vs Better Business Bureau?

Trisha Lynne Marie

I think the question you are trying to ask is--which of these 2 would be a better way for a customer to get their issue resolved...??For this case, I chose going to the Acme webpage, and writing a letter of complaint. The complaint centered around the way I was treated by 2 employees (one a know-it-all, big mouth shrew who was insistent, that grayish pork with a green rotten spot was just a "visual error that I would see to be wrong if I bought it and brought it home"...

and a very young man with the IQ of garden vegetables)...Since I had zero financial loss, thanks to my extensive science background and six decades of wisdom and knowledge, I felt that this issue should be left in the hands of those who hired and trained these losers. I took it upon myself to give a shout-out to the workers who deserve it, and to share how other customers had similar issues with the very same employees of the very same store.THIS is NOT a single occurrence case!! A dozen other people heard me and loudly discussed at the check-out how they could not buy items like horseradish, bread, milk or eggs that wasn't at least 3 weeks past "sell by" date.If I get a letter showing that Acme has investigated, punished/fired/retrained the guilty parties, and guarantees it will never happen again, I'd be fine with that. I am the only one with cujones enough to bother to complain, after all.Now, if I go back again next week, and that same witch has been promoted to a Manager, and I buy a pack of green lunch meat that has been precut and wrapped up in the "quickie lunch" section, THEN I'd get my tail on over to the BBB.

They, the losers from Acme/Albertsons/Safeway, would have violated the trust I placed in them, went ahead and frauded me out of money (prosciutto goes about $15/lb if imported) and then I'd see for myself that the store's values are more than slightly skewed. BBB gives them a period of time to correct the issue before they step in...if they do step in, it could get very ugly, very fast. Remember what happened to Wells Fargo?What do you think BBB is going to do, anyway? I have a case pending right now with BBB.

The store in question, Boscov's, had a furniture sale, with 2 yr interest free financing. I ordered the furniture May 20, 2014.On 1 July 2014, I called Boscov's, told them I wanted my furniture RIGHT NOW or I was going to buy it from another store, who not only had what I wanted, but it was in stock.After being put on hold, my furniture appeared!! Plans to deliver were made for 5 July 2014. Therefore, the 2 year interest-free clock would run out with the July 2016 biling cycle.

It's obvious, you can't pay for something you don't own...right??The furniture was/is great, and I was happy despite being very sick from complications resulting from cancer therapy (I had to sleep on my back due to damage to my right hand, the cast from fingertips to elbow on my belly). The 2 years would be up July 2016, and I figured that I'd pay off the bill, and life would be groovy.But, alas...Boscov's credit card con artists, Comedity Bank (D+ for BBB score), charged me for the furniture from the day I ordered it!! When the bill came July 2016, I was soaked with a $2000 interest charge! When I called Boscov's, they told me I would have to deal with Comedy Bank to get the matter fixed.

They even gave me the records to do it.Of course, if you complain about a charge, it remains in limbo until the case is settled. In their eyes, Comedy bank has sold my account to another bunch of cons, Midland Bank. So, the $450 final payment, inflated to $2200 with interest on the purchase in July 2016, is now worth $2900 due and owed to Midland Bank.Here is where it gets strange...I was ready to pay in full on the 2 yr date of my furniture acquisition. The slimy thieves from Midland will not settle my bill today for a penny less than $1500.

On top of THAT, I will be presented with a 1099CP for tax year 2018, and I will have to pay taxes on the *** multiply-compounded fees and interests as income!!The rates Comedy bank charges are so outlandishly high, they should be charged with usury.So, the BBB of Ohio has gotten a hold of a "customer advocate" for Comedy (this branch they call Allied Service) and I sent her documents to prove my case. Now we wait.Do you see the difference??

Top Rated ACME Markets Reviews