Start a new comparison

108 reviews
2.7
92 reviews
88 reviews

How would you compare 1800PetMeds vs Petco?

Petco is horrible. In my first encounter using their online shopping service I got screwed over.

Unlike Petco, 1800PetMeds really does value their customers and are flexible in canceling orders or allowing returns for items that require a prescription. Petco outsources their prescriptions to a chain of pharmacies that apparently they have no control over. When you attempt to cancel a medication that you no longer need or want, they are unable to do so, even thought the item has not been shipped. I got the runaround for nearly a week and a load of insincere apologies-"sorry for the inconvenience" after waiting over 20 minutes to speak to someone.

After order an item for our terminally ill Rottweiler on a Monday, I called them on Wed to cancel. They agreed to submit a "cancellation request" because they cannot assure you that is has been cancelled. After calling them back and having online chats numerous times after my initial cancellation of my order, they informed me the following Monday that the item had been shipped out that day-5 days after I wanted to cancel it. When I said I planned to return it, they smugly told me-sorry-you cannot return prescription medications.

Bad company.

No respect for customers and horrible customer service. Don't give them your business.

Top Rated Petco Reviews