Ripped off at Rooms by Zoya B
Lovely furniture for baby. Not cheap though. At those prices, I had hoped for a certain level of customer service. Well guess what? As soon as I handed over my money for the bulk of the stuff (crib, changing table, rocking chair), the trouble began:
FIRSTLY, Zoya B needed to send someone to measure our window for curtains. The person rescheduled twice, before finally showing up.
Then we waited three weeks for an estimate. When the estimate came in, I almost gave birth there and then. For one window, the cost would be $4061.
Several days earlier, we had dressed all the other windows in our apartment (a total of five windows) for a grand total of $3414 for all five windows.
So when I called to see whether that really was the cost, I was informed, by an assistant, that Zoya B works exclusively with one woman who charges high prices for making the curtains. But if I wanted I could buy the fabric at 10% discount and get someone else to make the curtains. Well thanks for nothing, I don't fancy building my curtains piecemeal. So I went elsewhere to get a full curtain service at a much more reasonable price.
SECONDLY, we made the mistake of accepting that the delivery charges for all the purchased items would be quoted to us at a later date. Word to the wise, if someone refuses to give you delivery estimates at the time of purchase, there is a reason for that. They plan to bend you over and rob you. So, for a delivery of less than 3 miles from their warehouse to our home, we were charged $571. To add insult to injury, it was not sent in one invoice. After receiving two invoices totaling $463, I emailed to say, please, is this the last of the invoices? I was told, yes. Then two days later, another invoice for $108 dropped into my inbox, with a note saying, sorry, we forgot to include this invoice for delivery of the rocking chair.
When we protested this, we were told that we were welcome to collect the items ourselves. So we hired a van and went to their loading dock. The whole experience cost $50.
We have purchased beds, a couch and other large pieces of furniture from stores all over Manhattan and never have delivery charges been so high. Zoya B's assistant banged on about how delivery men make their living out of delivering things and that someone has to pay them. Well guess what, I have never had this expense with any other shops. The amount we spent to make our nursery using Zoya B, had me thinking that delivery would be somewhat factored in the cost.
IN CONCLUSION, at no point during any of this, did Zoya B herself bother to communicate with us. We copied her into emails and told her assistants that we expected to hear from her. But she remained absent.
There is an element of greed here that is unacceptable. Zoya B's furniture is pricey and takes 10-12 weeks to be delivered. She knows that by the time she sends those delivery invoices, I am 9 months pregnant with no time to go elsewhere. That's when she swoops in and takes that last stab of extra cash.
The whole customer service experience has been disgusting. No word from Zoya B, very delayed responses from one of her assistants, and non-stop pathetic excuses from the other assistant. No attempt was made to make the customer happy. Every attempt was made to screw the customer.
My advice is stay away from Zoya B. Sure her stuff is nicer than most, but the baby won't care either way. Remember that all baby products must meet all the relevant safety standards, and that is what counts more than anything else. Go to Buy Buy Baby for instance and you'll get your stuff instantly and with minimal delivery charges. Less stress, more civilized.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Nursery Furniture
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "I have this Tempurpedic for a little more than 2 years and I am having the same problem as before. My hip is going deeper more and more when I..."
- "In 2004 we purchased five matching pieces of Hancock and Moore "Member" style leather furniture in "Document" leather from Cabot House in Framingham, MA. After two years the..."
- "Horrible customer service, don't buy here, save yourselfs some grieve. After being told to take the machine apart, see where the leak was coming from, take pictures, video, then they..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "This place *** suck , the manager as yet to return my calls and when I go to the office she is to busy to talk. I reported i have..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."