Back in early October I ordered a pair of wire-rimmed glasses for almost $30. I bought one of their "premium" frames thinking I'd get a better product (ha!).

When they finally arrived, the lenses were two different shapes. One was completely round, and the other was an oval. As a result they looked stupid and cheap, like costume glasses from a party store. I contacted customer service with pictures clearly showing the frames' different shapes.

They claimed that they couldn't tell from my photos and I would have to send the glasses back so they could "make a determination". I paid for return shipping. Almost two weeks later, they emailed me to let me know that yep, the glasses are indeed faulty, and they would be making another pair at no extra charge and supposedly upgrading the processing and shipping. They did partially refund my return shipping.

Even though they said they were upgrading the processing and shipping, the replacement frames took as long as the first pair to arrive. When I opened my package... THE GLASSES HAD THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. Any human being with decent eyesight and a kindergarten education could tell the lenes were different shapes.

I can't understand how they got past a "quality inspection" not once but TWICE. One again I contacted customer service. I specifically asked for a refund, since I did not want the glasses remade AGAIN. They ignored my refund request, but did say I could pick another frame and pay the difference in price.

How kind. I should also mention that each email I sent to customer service received a reply from someone different. That struck me as a bit odd. I picked an acetate "premium" frame, figuring they couldn't mess up the lenses on that one.

Again, they claimed they were upgrading the processing and shipping, but again, it took as long as the first pair (3 weeks). Finally halfway through December I finally received my replacement frames. If they're premium frames, I'd hate to get a pair of their cheap ones. They're "okay." The acetate feels cheap.

The arms have no spring to them like every other frame I've ever had, so there is no "stretch" to them (they can't over-extend at all past the joint). Even though they should actually be big on my head, they're a little tight as a result and a bit uncomfortable. Zenni's prices seem too good to be true. And frankly, they are.

I understand the desire for cheap frames- as someone who likes to have a variety of glasses since I have to wear them every single day, I was really excited by the idea of being able to get glasses for such an amazing price. However, the quality is just not there. I'll be shocked if my "premium" frames last a year.

I would have been a lot happier if I'd been able to get a refund and put that into a pair of Warby Parkers. I don't recommend Zenni at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Zenni Optical Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

zenniopticalCares

Hi, we were sorry to learn that your experience with Zenni was not as you had hoped. Since your order number was not included with your comment, we are unaware of the issue you are experiencing.

As a courtesy, we urge you to telephone us at 1-800-211-2105 or email at service@zennioptical.com to describe this, with your order number, we're happy to look into it. Thank you!

Zenni Optical