Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville - Dealership not backing up mistake
Update added by user Apr 01, 2016
I took this matter to Chrysler Corporate.They responded back with a phone call telling me that Zeigler Chrysler is not responsible for this problem.
The mechanic, Mr. Higgins, Michigan license # M238347, removed my wireless ignition and replaced it broken.
Zeigler Chrysler will not replace it or repair it.
What kind of service dealer would allow this to happen?
Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2016
On March 1st of this year I delivered my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee to Harold Zeigler, Chrysler dealership on 4200 Parkway Place Dr. Grandville, MI 49418 to have a P57 Safety Recall (Wireless Ignition) completed.
I purchased this vehicle new at the Chrysler dealership in Sterling Heights MI, on VanDyke ave. I had dealership install a tow package, heated seats and a remote starter. This is one of the dealerships that were closed during the economic downfall after 2009.
Harold Zeigler told me that they could not complete the recall due to an aftermarket remote start system. Tim Cunigan, Service Advisor, hand carried the module out to the waiting room and explained the concern. Harold Zeigler reinstalled the module and did not charge me for the service. They were very polite and courteous. I noticed they did a 23 point no charge inspection. I felt that the service was great.
Later in the week I tried to remote start the vehicle. It did not work. I sometimes don’t correctly press the remote start button so didn’t think much of the issue. I again attempted to remote start the vehicle with no luck. I called Zeigler and explained the problem. Tim Cunigan setup a time for me to return the vehicle. The return date was on March 21, 2016. After a short time Tim Cunigan informed me that the aftermarket remote start unit is not sending the proper key signal and no longer works. He recommend that I take the vehicle to a shop that installs these system for further diagnosis.
The problem I have with this is Harold Zeigler damaged my remote start and is not resolving the issue. I paid Chrysler over $600.00 for this remote start and now Zeigler is not going to fix there mistake?
I’ll be glad to take this problem to a third party and have it fixed, but not at my cost. Chrysler needs to stand behind their errors. So I am looking at you, Corporate Chrysler to demand that Harold Zeigler reimburse me for any costs.
March 23, 2016.
Timothy F. Haller
8470 Corsica Dr.
Jenison, MI 49428-9583
(616) 667-2623 home
(586) 556-9172 cell
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Quick customer service
What I disliked
- Service department breaking my remote start and not fixing it
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I own a 2007 Maxima, the car mechanically has been sound, I recommend Nissan they have great cars, I am submitting this report to warn potential Nissan Buyers not..."
- "We bought a 2013 Forest River Cherokee pull behind trailer and took one trip in it and when we were on our way back home we stopped and noticed our..."
- "Mini Coopers are great looking vehicles, and a blast to drive. They have a fun, young appeal and exciting drivability. Mini has revolutionized the compact car class and..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."