Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville - Dealership not backing up mistake
Update added by user Apr 01, 2016
I took this matter to Chrysler Corporate.They responded back with a phone call telling me that Zeigler Chrysler is not responsible for this problem.
The mechanic, Mr. Higgins, Michigan license # M238347, removed my wireless ignition and replaced it broken.
Zeigler Chrysler will not replace it or repair it.
What kind of service dealer would allow this to happen?
Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2016
On March 1st of this year I delivered my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee to Harold Zeigler, Chrysler dealership on 4200 Parkway Place Dr. Grandville, MI 49418 to have a P57 Safety Recall (Wireless Ignition) completed.
I purchased this vehicle new at the Chrysler dealership in Sterling Heights MI, on VanDyke ave. I had dealership install a tow package, heated seats and a remote starter. This is one of the dealerships that were closed during the economic downfall after 2009.
Harold Zeigler told me that they could not complete the recall due to an aftermarket remote start system. Tim Cunigan, Service Advisor, hand carried the module out to the waiting room and explained the concern. Harold Zeigler reinstalled the module and did not charge me for the service. They were very polite and courteous. I noticed they did a 23 point no charge inspection. I felt that the service was great.
Later in the week I tried to remote start the vehicle. It did not work. I sometimes don’t correctly press the remote start button so didn’t think much of the issue. I again attempted to remote start the vehicle with no luck. I called Zeigler and explained the problem. Tim Cunigan setup a time for me to return the vehicle. The return date was on March 21, 2016. After a short time Tim Cunigan informed me that the aftermarket remote start unit is not sending the proper key signal and no longer works. He recommend that I take the vehicle to a shop that installs these system for further diagnosis.
The problem I have with this is Harold Zeigler damaged my remote start and is not resolving the issue. I paid Chrysler over $600.00 for this remote start and now Zeigler is not going to fix there mistake?
I’ll be glad to take this problem to a third party and have it fixed, but not at my cost. Chrysler needs to stand behind their errors. So I am looking at you, Corporate Chrysler to demand that Harold Zeigler reimburse me for any costs.
March 23, 2016.
Timothy F. Haller
8470 Corsica Dr.
Jenison, MI 49428-9583
(616) 667-2623 home
(586) 556-9172 cell
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Quick customer service
What I disliked
- Service department breaking my remote start and not fixing it
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Justice for Karen! PLEASE FRIENDS SHARE ! Here are the Facts: Chrysler Corp. will not stand up for their Vehicles! I have a 2008 Chrysler T&C purchased on May 18, 2008 In..."
- "We have had numerous problems with our 2012 XLR Thunderbolt...Dealing with Diane Daly at Forest River was not a good experience... She never answered e-mails or phone calls promptly. ..."
- "Still a continued misbehavior! Mr wells is an alcoholic and commits adultery. His wife and the Corporate Management of Dicks Sporting Goods seem to be OK with this unethical,immoral and..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "My mum bought LG Leon H345 at TMobile 82nd St Jackson Heights NY at brand new price. She did not check the phone because she bought it in good faith...."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."