Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville - Dealership not backing up mistake

1 of 1 Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville reviews

Update added by user Apr 01

I took this matter to Chrysler Corporate.They responded back with a phone call telling me that Zeigler Chrysler is not responsible for this problem.

The mechanic, Mr. Higgins, Michigan license # M238347, removed my wireless ignition and replaced it broken.

Zeigler Chrysler will not replace it or repair it.

What kind of service dealer would allow this to happen?

Original review posted by user Mar 23

Dear Chrysler,

On March 1st of this year I delivered my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee to Harold Zeigler, Chrysler dealership on 4200 Parkway Place Dr. Grandville, MI 49418 to have a P57 Safety Recall (Wireless Ignition) completed.

I purchased this vehicle new at the Chrysler dealership in Sterling Heights MI, on VanDyke ave. I had dealership install a tow package, heated seats and a remote starter. This is one of the dealerships that were closed during the economic downfall after 2009.

Harold Zeigler told me that they could not complete the recall due to an aftermarket remote start system. Tim Cunigan, Service Advisor, hand carried the module out to the waiting room and explained the concern. Harold Zeigler reinstalled the module and did not charge me for the service. They were very polite and courteous. I noticed they did a 23 point no charge inspection. I felt that the service was great.

Later in the week I tried to remote start the vehicle. It did not work. I sometimes don’t correctly press the remote start button so didn’t think much of the issue. I again attempted to remote start the vehicle with no luck. I called Zeigler and explained the problem. Tim Cunigan setup a time for me to return the vehicle. The return date was on March 21, 2016. After a short time Tim Cunigan informed me that the aftermarket remote start unit is not sending the proper key signal and no longer works. He recommend that I take the vehicle to a shop that installs these system for further diagnosis.

The problem I have with this is Harold Zeigler damaged my remote start and is not resolving the issue. I paid Chrysler over $600.00 for this remote start and now Zeigler is not going to fix there mistake?

I’ll be glad to take this problem to a third party and have it fixed, but not at my cost. Chrysler needs to stand behind their errors. So I am looking at you, Corporate Chrysler to demand that Harold Zeigler reimburse me for any costs.

March 23, 2016.

Timothy F. Haller

8470 Corsica Dr.

Jenison, MI 49428-9583

(616) 667-2623 home

(586) 556-9172 cell

tfhaller@comcast.net

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Quick customer service
  • What I disliked
    • Service department breaking my remote start and not fixing it

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Review category
Auto
review #815633 by
Had an experience with Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 18 #1186740

Dear Tim
First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Teresa Steiner and I am the Service Director here at Zeigler of Grandville.
I have read your concerns and have looked into the issue. I do see where you were in on 03/01/16 to have your P57 Recall issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This recall requires us to replace what is known as the Wireless Ignition Node Module or WIN Module. This is a resigned module that NHTSA has require Fiat Chrysler Automotive to replace due to the old design spring back which may cause the disabling of one or more of the vehicle’s safety features, which could increase the risk of vehicle occupant injure during a crash.
While I do understand that you purchased your vehicle from a Chrysler dealership and paid them additional money at that time to install a remote start, the type of remote start that they choose to installed can only work by modifying or altering this recalled module. This is a major safety liability. Had the dealership that you purchased your 2011 Grand Cherokee from installed a Mopar factory aftersales remote start there would have been no issue with your remote starter working after this recall was performed.
I did reach out to a company that I know that install Aftermarket Remote Starters to see if they know of a way to install without modifying the new WIN Module. I have discovered that there is no way to his knowledge of being able to do it without modification.
For
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Grandville.
Filing a new complaint about
×