Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

5.0

I did a lot of research before I bought my ZAD900CE. Read about and considered just about everything out there, played everything on the wall at the Guitar Center multiple times, jammed with my buddy's Taylor, etc - all over the course of about a year.

My goal was to find the best acoustic electric guitar I could for no more than 2K. I kept running into reviews about Zager, but I initially dismissed it after not being able to get my hands one to play. Anyway, about two months ago, after reading another glowing review and looking at the price points, I decided to go down the rabbit hole and see what I could find out. I read ever review, watched every YouTube video (some multiple times), and read the Zager website cover to cover.

I must admit, their guitars started to fall into the 'too good to be true' category, especially after reading a couple of forums that were quite dubious of their claims...but most of the posters on those forums came across as snobby about their brand of choice, or just malcontents. After tweaking the neck as instructed, and tuning it up on the Fishman Aura, I started to play it. It took me a while to get used to the string spacing, but after I did, I really put it through the paces, listening intently for buzzing strings and anything else that would raise a red flag. Nada, zero, zilch.

The richness of the voicing, the volume, the sustain, the action...all beyond impressive. Honestly, even though my Strat's neck is just a tad narrower, it plays just as easy. Tomorrow I will do some recording and see if I am just on a honeymoon ride with this baby today, lol! Oh yeah, the craftsmanship.

I'm a retired general contractor and cabinet maker. Absolutely beautiful, and no flaws or blemishes to be found.

No buyer's remorse here- on the contrary. I'm elated.

User's recommendation: Just do it you won't regret it!

Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Zager Guitars Reviews