Here is their reaction about my complaint of their refund policy:

Ordered an appointment on 4/2/2017 and was scheduled for service on 4/4/2017 at 1:15 PM. Called to cancel appointment on 4/3/2017 at 4:09 PM and they confirmed my cancellation, but said they were charging me $20 to cancel. They said you have to cancel your appointment within 3 hours of making the initial appointment.

Who only gives you 3 hours to cancel an appointment? This is not 3 hours before the appointment is going to happen. This is 3 hours after you place your order. That should have been how they needed to word it.

Highly unethical. I would not suggest that anyone use this company. Resolution statement Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned. YourMechanic Customer Care's Response, Apr 04, 2017 Hi Kirk, Thanks for leaving your review. Our customers are able to cancel the appointment using their online account, mobile app, or by calling us at 1-800-701-6230. A late cancellation fee of $20 will apply if the appointment is canceled more than 3 hours after booking the appointment. We hope you will give us another chance to provide a great experience for you. Best regards, YourMechanic Team Updated by kbear37, Jul 30, 2018 This was never resolved. It is also a complete lie that Your Mechanic did every thing in their power. They never sent me anything via mail. There was never any registered mail nor certified mail. Your Mechanic sent me a coupon via email towards my next purchase. Is that Your Mechanics attempt to do everything in their power to resolve this complaint? I would never use Your Mechanic service, so I will never be using a coupon for your services I was never offered a refund for the cancellation fee.

Share review

Edit review

Remove review

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Have a 3 hour cancellation time period, Charged twenty dollar fee for cancellation of appointment, Lousy.

Comments

You sound like the customer from he**. Technically you cancelled only 5- hours before the scheduled time.

4 : 09 pm the day before your 1:15 next day appointment is 5-6 business hours. You got off cheap with only being charged $20.00. Since the company is usually booked up days out you cost them money from a lost booking in addition to what ever parts they purchased to bring in anticipation of fixing your issue.

The funny thing is I’m not going to hire Mymechanics due to so many negative reviews but yours is just stupid. Mymechanics dodged a big bullet by not going to your place clearly nothing would make you happy.

to Lee #1600413

Why would you waste your time by disparaging a complaint made by someone else? You claim you would not use them due to other remarks, however my complaint against YourMechanic disturbed you enough to compel you to respond.

If you do not have a vested interest in YourMechanic, why would you come to their defense by belittling my complaint against them. The first contact was on 4/2/2017 which is a Sunday. I live in CST zone.

The following is from YourMechanics webpage: "Our office is open Monday - Friday 6am - 5pm PST and Saturday - Sunday 7am - 4pm PST. Our mechanics set their own hours, but in most of our service areas, mechanics are available from 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week."