YourMechanic - Company will not replace a new part their mechanic installed but has to destroy
Update added by user Jul 01
Yourmechanic tried to discredit my experience with another review site, so I decided to add the proof to corroborate my review here.
Original review posted by user Jun 30
Mechanic came to replace the wheel hub assembly with brand new parts.Wheel bearings had to be pressed into the hub.
After repair the wheel was locked up. Mechanic recommended a new Steering knuckle and scheduled appointment for next day. Upon arriving for the new appointment Mechanic informed me that the work done the day before would be destroyed, i.e. the wheel bearings, when replacing the knuckle.
Company will not pay for the new and unused part to be replaced. Company nitpicked about implied warranty over a $38.00 part.
Tried to force a decision about the work.I let company dismiss Mechanic and cancel.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Jose the mechanic
- Ease of quotes
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Vague inferrences to warranty
- Lack of respect
- Lack of consumer advocacy in mission
- Lack of empowerment to satisfy or negotiate
- Reason of review:
- Non Disclosure and bad practices
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "Hello, We have bought thousands of dollars at your store on several occasions. We came out to your store a few weeks ago and bought a king..."
- "Went to bojangles @ 5625 Lawrenceville hwy Sat @ 7p.m ordered 8pc chicken and biscuits all wings..Ask could I get some freshly cooked wings...cashier said it will be a 15min..."
- "Employees shouldn't blast customers on social media. Rude and unprofessional...."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."