YourMechanic - Company will not replace a new part their mechanic installed but has to destroy
Update added by user Jul 01, 2016
Yourmechanic tried to discredit my experience with another review site, so I decided to add the proof to corroborate my review here.
Original review posted by user Jun 30, 2016
Mechanic came to replace the wheel hub assembly with brand new parts.Wheel bearings had to be pressed into the hub.
After repair the wheel was locked up. Mechanic recommended a new Steering knuckle and scheduled appointment for next day. Upon arriving for the new appointment Mechanic informed me that the work done the day before would be destroyed, i.e. the wheel bearings, when replacing the knuckle.
Company will not pay for the new and unused part to be replaced. Company nitpicked about implied warranty over a $38.00 part.
Tried to force a decision about the work.I let company dismiss Mechanic and cancel.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Jose the mechanic
- Ease of quotes
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Vague inferrences to warranty
- Lack of respect
- Lack of consumer advocacy in mission
- Lack of empowerment to satisfy or negotiate
- Reason of review:
- Non Disclosure and bad practices
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "AVOID AT ALL COSTS OR IT WILL COST!!! Called Skinner Meineke about replacement of catalytic converter, was quoted $225 out the door. Got there and it was actually $640! They..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "PRIMROSE business conduct is FRAUD!!!! The owners Felicia Hinds is ripping off families that leaves the school for whatever reason!! without providing a proper invoice or brake down of cost (illegal?!)..."
- "It was about 45 F, bright and sunny. We were shopping for a new car, had a list of about 12 cars we wanted to look at - one a..."
- "Last week an insured driver with Farmers Insurance mowed through my front lawn in his car destroying my kids swing set, landscaping and water fountain. I have submitted everything they..."