YourMechanic - Company will not replace a new part their mechanic installed but has to destroy
Update added by user Jul 01, 2016
Yourmechanic tried to discredit my experience with another review site, so I decided to add the proof to corroborate my review here.
Original review posted by user Jun 30, 2016
Mechanic came to replace the wheel hub assembly with brand new parts.Wheel bearings had to be pressed into the hub.
After repair the wheel was locked up. Mechanic recommended a new Steering knuckle and scheduled appointment for next day. Upon arriving for the new appointment Mechanic informed me that the work done the day before would be destroyed, i.e. the wheel bearings, when replacing the knuckle.
Company will not pay for the new and unused part to be replaced. Company nitpicked about implied warranty over a $38.00 part.
Tried to force a decision about the work.I let company dismiss Mechanic and cancel.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Jose the mechanic
- Ease of quotes
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Vague inferrences to warranty
- Lack of respect
- Lack of consumer advocacy in mission
- Lack of empowerment to satisfy or negotiate
- Reason of review:
- Non Disclosure and bad practices
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Follow up on poor paint job After taking may t bucket back due to runs and poor paint quality the owner, Wayne, applied tape to identify all the areas that required..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Paid for Express Shipping, and I did Not receive my package on time. When I opened my package, I did Not receive all my purchased items (Missing: was a top..."
- "I had been a costumer of alonai, but in one order that I put for the end of year sale that they were having, I paid a order for 5..."
- "Employees shouldn't blast customers on social media. Rude and unprofessional...."