Younique - Not as expected..

123 of 164 Younique reviews

Update added by user Apr 12, 2016

My main complaint it quality vs.price.

From the MANY videos from presenters I've seen (most famous Liquid Foundation vs. Sharpie) I was expecting so much more out of the product especially for the prices that were charged. Also, it was inconvenient that to purchase a "light" shade I had to buy a whole collection.

That was a quarter of my rent because sales reps were SO convincing and basically promised magic from this product.It would be more appropriate to either charge less for mediocre product or advertise the actuality of the product.

Original review posted by user Apr 11, 2016

I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to try it.Of course it was out of stock for months and now that it's back you can only order the lightest shades when you buy the whole "combo kit" which was $260 I believe.

After basically taking out a second mortgage on my house (not really but I mean that is EXPENSIVE) I bought the kit and counted the days until I received the amazing magical foundation that everyone was raving about. Welp... I got it, and tried it, and I cannot believe I got sucked into the scam. It worked about as well as any drug store brand but they are defiantly not charging drug store prices.

So disappointing. I've heard since coming back from being out of stock for so long that they might of changes the formula?? Just a rumor I heard but I don't know how the videos could of faked what they were showing so I believe it.

In the kit I also received a lip stick (which was mediocre), lip gloss (again mediocre), eyebrow pencil (again mediocre), eye shadow palate (dense and pigmented I'm actually half impressed), concealer (which were called different shades than the foundation so it was a little difficult to properly color match the two but it works pretty well), fiber lash mascara (works BUT the fibers are large and "webby" so it looked kind of weird but I still need to perfect my technique so we'll see), and I bought the puff brush separate because in all the videos they claimed only THAT brush would make the foundation as flawless as it could be but it left MANY bristles on my face.All in all the products I would say are about as much quality as drug store products and I defiantly had my hopes up WAY too high.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Price
    • Quality
    • Unrealistic advertisment

Reason of review:
The quality wasn't too horrible but compare to the price and how it was advertised it's very disappointing
Preferred solution:
Just to have your reps advertise in a more realistic manner, and price reductions for many products considering the quality.
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 18 Yes 18 2 No 2
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
123 of 164 Younique reviews

Feb 05 #1281604 Muncie, Indiana, United States

I don't know who told you that you had a buy a collection in order to get your foundation but no offense you were completely misled and taken advantage of. Just let me tell you that. Never at any time have you ever had to buy a collection in order to receive a foundation. They have always been sold separately. I would definitely have contacted the company. I am so sorry somebody lied to you. No, the formula was never changed it takes 6 months to make one bottle of the foundation because of the minerals that are in it and the lack of chemicals that are in it because we are European Union compliant. Again I am so sorry that somebody took advantage of your good nature. Please take care

0 0 Reply

Jun 25, 2016 #1177675 Vernonia, Oregon, United States

I found everything you said to be my exact story. They are definitely not all that they are saying they are. Such a bummer to be ripped liked that.

4 2 Reply

Jun 05, 2016 #1169216

It's hard for advertising as the only way Younique is allowed to advertise is through the presenter only, they are not allowed to post it with their prices or in magazines, tv ads etc etc so it's only from word of mouth.. Soo naturally the presenter has to really sell the product to make the sell, and consistently boosting it ( somtimes to the point of annoyance or we end up buying it). Then most will say how incredible it is because they were foolish enough to pay that amount ( I'm guilty of it too) it's not a bad product... Just way overpriced :(

3 2 Reply

May 09, 2016 #1156472

The products are made in Italy Germany and the USA. Some of the packaging is made in China. Do the research. The mineral liquid foundation was not changed. It takes 6 months to make and you can't put this makeup on like drugstore makeup because it is HIGH END make up. Most of the New York Drag Queen Circuit is using this makeup and saying good bye to Anastasia and MAC! one t! And if it's one thing the Queens know it's make up quality!

6 23 Reply

May 27, 2016 #1165626

I watch many makeup Tutorial by the queens, and never once have I seen a single one of them using younique products. As a matter of fact, all of the big beauty gurus either think it ***, or won't try it b/c of the pushy condescending won't take no for a answer reps!!

14 3 Reply

May 05, 2016 #1154313

I love, love, the illuminate facial cleanser. A pea size is all you need. It's expensive for 3 ounces but it last month's. I have oily mature skin, and its excellent.
I love the fact that the products are USA and NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.
I do not sell the products, but the ones I can buy for my oily skin are nice. The eye shadows are silky compared to other brands and I like them.

5 5 Reply

May 24, 2016 #1163843

Younique does not test our products on animals. However, Younique has not conducted an in-depth cruelty-free review tracing each ingredient back to such ingredient's original source at this time.Apr 21, 2016

1 3 Reply

May 01, 2016 #1152571

In every post and video, it says to use primer. Something I'm sure NONE of you did lol Maybe if you followed instructions as well as you complain, you wouldn't have had any issues with the product

8 14 Reply

May 01, 2016 #1152605

Most of the videos promoting this product were made before they came out with their primer so... yeah.

10 4 Reply

May 24, 2016 #1163823

The Primer has been out since 2013- way before any of the Touch foundations (liquid, cream, pressed powder), so NO, that last comment is totally invalid.

7 1 Reply

Jun 07, 2016 #1169951

The primer doesn't work. Younique is on the same quality of cover girl. Nothing of premium quality in Younique products. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

4 3

May 01, 2016 #1152570

Omg you people are ridiculous! You pay more for foundation and makeup at Ulta & Sephora! Lmao! What a bunch of cry babies! If you want cheap makeup, go to the drug store and buy it there!

7 13 Reply

May 25, 2016 #1164654

I'm a presenter and I disagree with you. I have also been a free lance artist for about 7 years. The cream shadows, are just ok, but you could find a better powder shadow from the Asian beauty supply stores. Way better than Mary Kays JUNK...! But I'll stick with Birchbox ,Sephora, and Dillards for these prices.

7 2 Reply

May 27, 2016 #1165628

Yes please go and by the cheap drug store makeup and primer.... It's soooo much better!!!!

1 4 Reply

Aug 08, 2016 #1196399 Littleton, Colorado, United States

It's four dollars less than my Makeup Forever foundation, so that's definitely not true. It shouldn't be even remotely close in price considering MUFE is a legitimate company and Younique clearly isn't.

3 1 Reply

Jan 13 #1270523

I know I used primer before I applied the foundation and it was still garbage. I don't use drugstore makeup and the quality of Younique's products don't compare to Urban Decay, Estee Lauder and the list goes on. I use Benefit POREfessional Primer and that stuff is awesome with my Urban Decay foundation or Estee Lauder Double wear.

0 0 Reply

Feb 02 #1280236

I guess it must depend on the persons skin and pores, because I use the glorious primer with my mineral powder foundation and use a puff brush that I have not younique's and it is flawless on my skin.... I ran out and went back to a couple foundations I had before purchasing the liquid mineral foundation and ewwww.. I hate how they feel on my skin compared to youniques products.... One of them is a MaryKay foundation and it feels gross on my skin... the other is cover girl and doesn't even come close to comparing to younique.... I have worn make up for 20 years AND LOVE YOUNIQUE!!! Yes it is pricey , but so worth it to me for good quality make up that's mostly great for you skin...

1 0 Reply

Apr 20, 2016 #1147677

Yes I feel same it didn't cover up tell very few spots I have on my face I was very disappointed I got same coverage from make up at drug store or walmart for way less

7 3 Reply

May 10, 2016 #1156950 Paragould, Arkansas, United States

One big changer that I found is to NOT apply it like the youtube videos. Most of them put it on the brush then put it on. I find there is no coverage this way unless you use more makeup. I put a drop above each eyebrow, on each cheekbone, on my chin, and on my nose. I then blend it in with the blush. Much better for me this way. I think the y ladies tell you to do it this way so you go through more product. It all sinks into the brush. My opinion of course.

4 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Younique.
Filing a new complaint about
×