Coral Gables, Florida
2.6K views
Resolved

I purchased the Moonstruck Pencil Eyeliner back in October, 2015 (7 Months ago) and I recently noticed when using the eyeliner that it is omitting a horrible smell. After cleaning the pencil and sharpening it the smell has not gone away.

After doing a little research I learned that this means the pencil is expiring!! I have been wearing pencil eyeliner for like 20+ years and I have never ever had an eyeliner go bad so quickly. I obviously didn't even know why it was smelling bad... because this has never happened to me before!

After contacting the company they informed me that my order date is outside their 30 day return window and basically too bad.

I find this completely unacceptable!! Don't buy anything from this company because their products are obviously ***.

Product or Service Mentioned: Younique Eyeliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Younique Cons: Return and exchange policy.

Comments

A) Because it's not packed full of chemical preservatives, it expires sooner.

B) you need to change eyeliner out more often anyways in case of bacterial growth.

C) you bought the product over 7 months ago... You can't expect a refund on something that long after purchasing makeup

JJMO
@Anonymous

I realize Younique uses more organic ingediants but after eventually speaking to a supervisor I was told the average expiration date on their eyeliner is 1-2 years depending on how it is stored. I only had the eye liner for 7 months and I always store my eyeliner with the cap tightly on the pencil.

Given the "unusual circumstances" they agreed to refund my money.

I have worked in retail stores where high end makeup is sold and if something expired 5 months before the minimum expiration date they certainly would return it. I also have another eyeliner that I was using interchangably with the one from Younique and that one is perfectly fine.

This is probably because it is an all natural product. It isn't made to last forever.

Of course it is going to get old. Do you expect to buy organic fruit and have it last as long as non organic fruit?

JJMO
@Anonymous

Given the "unusual circumstances" they agreed to refund my money.

I also buy organic fruit all the time and if it went bad 2-3 days after bringing it home then yes it would be going back to the store! I never expected the eyeliner to last forever but if the company says 1-2 years I expect it to make it to at least the year mark.

@Anonymous

I love how you reps feel the need to come on here and respond to these comments. There is a common theme here and it's called blaming the customer instead of the company.

I am a former presenter myself and aside from poor quality, my biggest problem was how we were encouraged to respond the way that you just did! You are not allowing your fellow females to have an opinion and bullying those who do.

This is the opposite of empowering and validating. I makes me sick to my stomach.

@Anonymous

There was no bullying in that comment. I'm not Younique presenter either

#1196409
@Anonymous

Can you verify that it's actually all natural? Tarte claims to be natural too and I've never heard of them having expiration issues.

Not like that excuses poor product performance or anything.

I'm a Mary Kay consultant and would be happy to have you as my customer. We don't have a limit as to how long you have to return products.

@Anonymous

Not trying to promote my business, I just want to help you find something that may be a better fit for your needs. I hate seeing people unhappy with products they purchase regardless of where they get them.

@Anonymous

Mary kay you are on here trying to get customers I see you comment on all the complaints just be Real about it