Young Gabe - Rapper YOUNG GAB Mixtape titled
Recently, I read an article on a new Philly rapper creating a loyal following in his neighborhood (congrats!) on a upcoming artist website. It was very brief"”literally seven sentences"”but the fact that it was even mentioned in the publication was *** to me. The less *** part was the fact that Young Gab was simply mentioned as the next "Jay Z of hip-hop!" ***
If anyone doesn't deserve to be relegated to "celebrity comparison" status, it's Young Gab. It would be like dismissing Jay Z's accomplishments as just "easily duplicatable," or saying that Wiz-Ka Leaf is on "Lil Wayne's" level. However, Young Gab is nowhere near the iconic status that Jay Z or Lil Wayne have achieved in their respective roles as artist and but he certainly has the tools to eventually become well-known as one of the best talents in his field.
His story is not as fascinating as his music"”born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's infamous "Killadelphia", he certainly does not fit the description a "Hip-Hop drug dealer turned gangster rapper." (Sidenote: Young Gab is a 4.0 college student) He's the total opposite of the usual new Hip-Hop royalty.
Rapper YOUNG GAB Mixtape titled "Paperboy" leaked today with mix reviews. His voice is hypnotic, and his verses are stream-of-consciousness masterpieces. Underground Philadelphia Dj's likened him to a young NaS, and though it may not be far-off, I'd be bold enough to say that the new NaS sounds a whole lot like Young Gab. The comparison is especially apparent on "Queens Get the Money."
That's the other thing about Young Gab addition to being a gifted lyricist, he's a beast on the production tip. Even with beats from RCE/Konvict Muzik made available to him. He leaves the listener a whole lot of room to focus on his words, and when you listen to what he says, you're glad that he does so:
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rapper Young Gab
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was recently assaulted and strangled to death by a staff member at Georges Dancin Bare. A "gentleman's club" located at 440 North Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. What began..."
- "I hired Simply The Best Entertainment to have a DJ for a teenage birthday party. Eric Symons, who said he was the owner, sent a 60 year old guy named..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "Worst sofa ever! Back cushions have pulled the fabric on the sofa and have fallen apart. They cannot be restuffed as there is no zipper or opening for the back..."
- "We have a Marvin sliding glass patio door that's 6 years old. While I was at home reading around 7:30 the other night, I heard a big pop. The door's..."
- "I went to hair cuttery in quakertown, pa to get a hair cut and asked for brown highlights , the lady bleached my hair ( full set ), my hair..."