YELP extortion and hiding good real paying customer reviews

136 of 176 Yelp reviews

My business http://www.yelp.com/biz/obaby-designs-photography-san-mateo is being targeted by YELP because I have NOT advertised with them.They are hiding 3 clients reviews that have given complements regarding our business.

The clients have paid for our service and had a good experience. YELP has also call us asking for advertising dollars - saying this can help hide negative remarks if we because a business partner with YELP. This is extortion and the time I am spent on defending my site has cost me over 1700. in damage and time.

ALL 3 clients who they are hiding the reviews of have also given us 5 stars. I have tested their system and had people make false negative reviews which currently remain visible - I will can have them taken down at anytime but I would like to use this as evidence. I many clients that refer to yelp as the reason they are not using us and my business is suffering because their so called algorithm is not sophisticated enough. So I have to suffer so this guy can make a buck of small business owners.

I will join any suit agains YELP. Please contact me ASAP.

I am looking into attorneys now.650-759-6749

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 9 Yes 9 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
136 of 176 Yelp reviews

Dec 11, 2016 #1253681 Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States

YELP has committed the same fraud against me. They hid our good reviews and published one bad. We asked YELP to lest us respond - they refused. There are thousands of complaints of fraud complaints against YELP posted online all reporting the same as you do. Do a search for "Yelp complaints" on Google.

Dec 11, 2016 #1253622 Buffalo, New York, United States

If you read the reviews at glassdoor, left by current and former employees, they freely admit they will prevent your good reviews from showing if you don't buy their advertising. That should be illegal. It's definitely unethical and is one of the reasons I won't use yelp at all.

Dec 11, 2016 #1253597 Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States

You explained why my good reviews are hidden and one bad one is all YELP shows. Yelp refused to hear our complaint, refused to take the bad review down, and refused to close the account. Yelp is fraud.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Yelp.
Filing a new complaint about
×