2.3

My husband and I just left your Rancho Mirage location and had a lousy dining experience. We arrived at 5 pm and were told they were ALREADY out of onion rings.

We settled on calamari which tasted like the oil had been used too long. While we waited for our salads (which were very good), three different waiters tried to deliver dishes not ordered by us. We asked for bread with our salads, expecting some sort of bakery french bread, but instead we each received one slice of sandwich sourdough which was very STALE. Our server, while pleasant, was clueless and truly did not understand our dissatisfaction.

We received only forks, but also needed knives to cut the huge pieces of chicken on top of the salads. Manager Tory came by our table and we shared our dismay. She was very professional, and, while it was too late to change our experience, we appreciated her sincere effort.

One other thing that really bothered me was the server said more than once, "The (blank) was great, Yeah?", which felt like an employee trying to get 5 stars for her company. Everyone does it, but my husband and I find this tactic highly insulting.

I have been to the Yard House in Santana Row numerous times in the past 10 years, and never had this poor of an experience.

Debbie Marinaro

User's recommendation: Visit the Yard House in Santana Row for a good experience.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Yard House Pros: Location, Pleasant serve staff, Tasty salads.

Yard House Cons: Canned responses to obtain a 5 star rating, Absence of good bread to eat with a salad order, Running out of menu items onion rings at 5 pm, Feels like chain restaurant unlike santana row location, Non chain restaurant would be able to make onion rings.

Location: 71800 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270