World On Wheels - Gross Misrepresentation
Update added by user Jan 18, 2013
Jan. 18, 2013. To this date, no response from World on Wheels.
Original review posted by user Dec 18, 2012
RE: 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
I negotiated an agreed purchase price of $75,000 on October 17, 2012 with their seller broker through my broker, Todd Nixon, of Augusta Motor Group. A full detailed description was provided to my Todd Nixon describing the car as flawless with no issues. We were also advised that a new battery will be installed by the dealer(implying a Maserati dealer). Arrangements were finalized for payment and transportation of the car to Seattle, WA. The car arrived with a dead battery (it was a non-compatible battery for the car with improper attachment of the battery connector board). There was only one well worn key fob, no no-recall letter and service record from the Maserati dealer as promised. All the damage observed upon arrival were documented in detail by the transport company as existing prior to loading - right rear bumper damage, at least five minor door dings on passenger side, two deep paint chips on driver door, damaged front right bumper on underside, badly marked passenger visor, center console lid broken, lower body paint completely worn off on backside of both front wheels, curb damage on all wheels, upper part of front chrome grill frame deformed and detached, luggage compartment carpeting damaged and rusty, both headlight units were fogged up and engine vibration at idle(the Seattle dealer confirmed that the oil sump was overfilled by TWO quarts!). We contacted the seller by phone confronting him on misrepresenting the car, His reply was simply we paid a "cheap price". That is not a satisfactory answer for misrepresenting the car, and especially, from one professional to another. Inspection by the Seattle Maserati dealer revealed that the front bumper was damaged & just re-painted on the car without repair, rear bumper damaged, front undertray damage on left side, right side rocker panel badly scraped, only one remote which was damaged, stone chips all over hood and roof, both door panels have numerous dents, damaged console lid, damaged steering wheel, repair of right & left rear quarter panels poorly done, all four wheels curb damaged, battery replacement is non-compatible, etc. The estimated cost to repair all the issues is approximately $6000-7000. Further attempts to contact the seller by phone were futile. I have also filed my complaint through the BBB seeking payment of $6,000 to cover most of the repairs. Take full precaution when dealing with World on Wheels of Miami.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "Just found this black plastic on my soup we not using this soup ever !!! So so gross and my grandson could have chocked on it don't buy this..."
- "I used Harry's blade to shave the head and followed exactly step by step process as on Harry's website. The result was horrifying . More than that it was the..."
- "Re: Rosewholesale Buyer beware! This company is a scam. This unethical group of rip off artists goes by these names Rosewholesale, Sammydress, Rosegal, Dresslily, Rosewe, Choies, a happy deal, Globalegrow, Everbuying,..."