World On Wheels - Gross Misrepresentation
Update added by user Jan 18, 2013
Jan. 18, 2013. To this date, no response from World on Wheels.
Original review posted by user Dec 18, 2012
RE: 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
I negotiated an agreed purchase price of $75,000 on October 17, 2012 with their seller broker through my broker, Todd Nixon, of Augusta Motor Group. A full detailed description was provided to my Todd Nixon describing the car as flawless with no issues. We were also advised that a new battery will be installed by the dealer(implying a Maserati dealer). Arrangements were finalized for payment and transportation of the car to Seattle, WA. The car arrived with a dead battery (it was a non-compatible battery for the car with improper attachment of the battery connector board). There was only one well worn key fob, no no-recall letter and service record from the Maserati dealer as promised. All the damage observed upon arrival were documented in detail by the transport company as existing prior to loading - right rear bumper damage, at least five minor door dings on passenger side, two deep paint chips on driver door, damaged front right bumper on underside, badly marked passenger visor, center console lid broken, lower body paint completely worn off on backside of both front wheels, curb damage on all wheels, upper part of front chrome grill frame deformed and detached, luggage compartment carpeting damaged and rusty, both headlight units were fogged up and engine vibration at idle(the Seattle dealer confirmed that the oil sump was overfilled by TWO quarts!). We contacted the seller by phone confronting him on misrepresenting the car, His reply was simply we paid a "cheap price". That is not a satisfactory answer for misrepresenting the car, and especially, from one professional to another. Inspection by the Seattle Maserati dealer revealed that the front bumper was damaged & just re-painted on the car without repair, rear bumper damaged, front undertray damage on left side, right side rocker panel badly scraped, only one remote which was damaged, stone chips all over hood and roof, both door panels have numerous dents, damaged console lid, damaged steering wheel, repair of right & left rear quarter panels poorly done, all four wheels curb damaged, battery replacement is non-compatible, etc. The estimated cost to repair all the issues is approximately $6000-7000. Further attempts to contact the seller by phone were futile. I have also filed my complaint through the BBB seeking payment of $6,000 to cover most of the repairs. Take full precaution when dealing with World on Wheels of Miami.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2009 Maserati Granturismo S
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "Run, DON’T Walk from Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet! I Personally CAN NOT stress enough for you to stay away from this dishonest dealership! I have purchased at least 8-10 vehicles directly off the..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "I ordered flowers from this garbage company for my sister in laws birthday. Not only do you pay 14.99 for delivery for a specified time 12-5 and they do not..."
- "bought a supposedly original unlocked Iphone... $229 only $50 cheaper than local so I bought. ended up with a counterfeit Iphone that wouldn't work properly and ran on android. $25..."
- "Yes indeed paid for a box of oatmeal crisp triple berry and in the whole box I found 6 raspberry and 2 blueberry sand no strawberrys this is not..."