Woods Mobile Homes in Sweetwater, TN does not finish their work nor honor contracts
Company has failed to perform specific work required concerning the finishing and repairs of new mobile home as per agreement.New mobile home was purchased on March 19, 2010.
Delivery occurred around April 14, 2010. Delays in delivery was attributed to "the weather." Setup and tie-downs were completed, but the final work has never been done. The interior trim work is still in need of finishing in one area; the damaged front door has not been fixed nor replaced as it was damaged on Woods lot before home was even delivered; The siding over the front door is now popping off and has not been fixed. I received a call from Mr.
Woods stating that he would have one of his employees, Mr. Ray Peels, finish the work on 6/27/2010. I did receive a call from Mr. Peels saying that he would be there between 11 and 11:30 a.m.
I waited at the home until noon and he was a no show.
He later called me saying that he "was sorry he didn't show up" and that he would "try" to get the work done this upcoming week, without giving me a specific date.There was a "Certificate of Quality and Cleanliness" taped to the kitchen counter stating that "We carefully cleaned and inspected your new home...please enjoy!" It was signed off on the "cleaning, vacuuming" (not done, nor was the floor even swept up with a broom); "trim, molding" signed off and not completed; "floor coverings" signed off; and final inspection was supposed to have been done and signed off by a "James Seymore." This was not done or it would have never passed final inspection by anyone qualified to see that there was definitely a lot of problems still to be addressed.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Mobile Home
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Want as nice as drurry inn we stayed at and it was 25.00 cheaper. However it was CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE.Unlike so many. My 18 month thought it was awesome waking..."
- "I had booked a flight+hotel package for $1250 for my boss. I'm an event & travel coordinator for a record label so I deal with literally every type of travel..."
- "Delivered my refrigerator and scratched it in the process. All inwanted for them to fix it. They refused. They also broke a screw that they say they fixed but im..."