Woman of Achievement and Marlena Martin ripped off my wife and is a scam!

3 of 3 Woman of Achievement reviews

My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to talk to Marlena face-to-face after the event but she kept avoiding us and refuses to return our calls, text messages and emails. Of course we did not get our money back either. This meant a lot to my wife because she has competed in other pageants and was never chosen. We told Marlena this and she promised, she guaranteed that if my wife paid an extra fee than she will win the title. Now Marlena is trying to do more pageants and *** more unsuspecting women. Beware. This organization is run by one person, Marlena and she keeps all the money and tries to get the competitors and queens to do all the work that the director is supposed to do. She is very dishonest, unfair, over-aggressive, and will say or do whatever it takes to get you to do what she wants. Her physical address is not even listed on her website. Legitimate pageants at least have an office.

DO NOT enter her pageants in CA or any other state that she is trying to expand too. Marlena does nothing for her winners except take their money. She offers no guidance, career direction or marketing. She is not good like the other reputable and established pageants out there.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 25 Yes 25
3 of 3 Woman of Achievement reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 23, 2015 #998600

If she's never won a pageant it may be that she's not worthy of having a title, and after trying to buy one instead of earning it I'd say you're absolutely not worthy, you got what you deserved....

17 0 Reply

Jun 09, 2015 #993054 Hemet, California, United States

Karma is a ***! That's what you get for bribing a dishonest pageant worker. You are *** for wanting it in the first it means NOTHING in the real world.

12 0 Reply

Jun 04, 2015 #991460

Bahahaha You idiots deserve to be ripped off! How disgusting to even think about paying for something you EARN not BUY. Good grief. You & your wife are just as scandalous as this Marlena woman. Sorry! #truth

21 0 Reply

May 30, 2015 #989839 Oxford Charter Township, Michigan, United States

Pay Me $5K and I'll bestow a pearly white crown oh her chest and knight her with my royal staff... Are you really that gullible?? And what type of pagent allows you to buy a title? How is that at all legal ir honourable? You both are Sofa King ***...

18 0 Reply

May 30, 2015 #989838

Sounds like the title your wife should have got was ***... You pay someone $5K to get a pagent title... isn't that called a bribe??

16 0 Reply
toofy

May 23, 2015 #987950

This is hilarious. Jerry Springer ain't got nothin on this.....

15 0 Reply

May 22, 2015 #987481

Proof that money can't buy a brain. I would've never thought I'd be reading a complaint on someone for refusing to hold up their end of the bribery deal. Straight trash these "contestants" are.

22 0 Reply

May 22, 2015 #987473

Wait.....so your upset that someone the is dishonest enough tot promise to rig a competition....was dishonest with you instead of everyone else? Good grief. *** deserves what *** gets!! NO sympathy, but thanks for the laugh.

14 0 Reply

May 08, 2015 #981421

IF everything written above is correct, then the people involved should all be locked up.

14 1 Reply

May 07, 2015 #981331

So your bribe didn't work?

28 0 Reply
Hahahaha2015

Apr 28, 2015 #977742

Next time before getting a pageant organizer to bribe, you should find yourself a gypsy fortune teller. Make sure your next bribery scheme is with a reputable pageant promoter. Who better to give you that peace of mind than a gypsy!!!

20 2 Reply

Apr 22, 2015 #975586

So you tried to bribe a contest official, lost your money, and you're mad at the dishonest contest official? All three of you are low-life scammers, but at least Marlene is a better scammer.

33 0 Reply
Doomsayer

Apr 18, 2015 #973610

Are you freaking kidding me? You're slamming someone for running a shady money scheme while you tried TO BUY A CONTEST WIN? Hey chucklehead, think about this statement -"will say or do whatever it takes to get you to do what she wants" - is that much different than " I will pay 5k in cash so someone does what I want."? I think you and your wife may be the most screwed up people I have ever seen on this website, and that takes some serious effort to be so.

30 0 Reply

Aug 19, 2014 #858668

I have heard of dishonest and unprofessional pageant directors promising titles to delegates for inflated prices. I think that I have read similar reviews about this Marlena Martin and Woman of Achievement Pageant on other websites too.

12 6 Reply

Aug 10, 2015 #1017903

Marlena Martin is not a scammer, and she only awards one title for the most revenue brought in to the WOA Pageants. She is open and above board about this revenue title. I guess someone brought in more than your $5000 and was awarded the title instead of your wife. This in nothing but a smear campaign.

2 3 Reply

Aug 18, 2014 #858134

Is that your wife on the left in the above picture? If so, I can see why she is not winning any pageants. Also, don't you think EVERY pageant consultant tells their customers the same thing? Wow... *** is as *** does, I guess.

13 2 Reply
truth

Aug 10, 2015 #1017905

The lady in the picture with Marlena is a former Miss America.

1 1 Reply
anonymous

Aug 18, 2014 #858046

Why on earth would any mature woman waste their time and money entering beauty pageants? It's time for you wife to get out in the real world and quit trying to be something she isn't. Apparently your wife isn't as hot as she thinks she is.

24 1 Reply

1-20 of 56 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Woman of Achievement.
Filing a new complaint about
×