Featured Not resolved

In Texas, Ryland Homes contracts out flooring, tile, cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc.to Wisenbaker Builder Services.

We signed a contract with Ryland Homes to build a home in the Austin area. The first interaction with Wisenbaker is the Design Center. Our experience in the design center was so frustrating. If you asked to move a light fixture, they wanted to charge you for a new one.

The cost of putting in a seat in a large shower was $1300! They only show you the doors of the kitchen cabinets. When you see them being installed you realize the extremely low quality. The frames are made of thin particle board.

The design consultant had very little product knowledge. Everything was a hassle. While the house was being built, Wisenbaker installed the wrong kitchen cabinets and backsplash. The workmanship on the tile installation was awful.

They also installed hardwood flooring without following the manufacturer's directions. $20,000 of hardwood flooring is being subjected to winter temperatures and varying humidity. The hardwood floors were installed before construction was completed so dirt is being ground into the surface and getting caught in the beveled edges. When they had to replace the backsplash, no covering was put on the granite for protection.

In the masterbath, the shower floor tile has insconsistent grout color.For a $500,000 house, it looks like a disaster.

Review about: Home Builders.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Wisenbaker Builder Services?

Comments

nikalseyn
Columbia, Kentucky, United States #767438

If you are really concerned with the quality of the home construction, you need to contact an attorney.Seriously, don't just complain about this, for the amount of money you are spending, you need to find out what your legal options are.

Been there, done that.Good luck.

gwenk
to nikalseyn #767514

Thanks for the advice. We are in the process of looking for the right attorney to handle our case.