Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I purchased a red leather ipad case from Sams Club.The case actually melted to the back of my new ipad.

While the ipad works the back is ruined. In fact, the back of the ipad started to pull away from the the front. This case was made in China so who knows what kind of adhesive is used in the production of these cases. I would like Wilson to reimburse me the cost of a new ipad.

This is totally unacceptable. The quality of products made in China are cheap.

A $6 dollar item selling for $30 dollars ruins a $500 ipad.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $500
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Wilsons Leather?

Comments

ROHO

I had the same issue.Turns out that with much labor I detached the plastic tray from the Wilson case, leaving a gooey mess on what I thought was the back of my ipad.

My son came to the house later and removed the gooey tray from the back of my ipad and much to my relief there was the bright shiny back side of my ipad with the apple looking quite healthy.I had ruined the cover after erroneously thinking that it had melted to my .

Donna
Glendale, Arizona, United States #754139

I just bought one of these cases....did you leave it out in the car or a hot place.??Because my just stays at home.

Should I throw it out anyway? If I were you I would contact their corporate office if you didn't already. You can also try your local news station for action about what happened. Here in AZ we have Gary Harper and he exposes all the scams and frauds and problems people have!

Hope this helps and good luck! Please let me know about the question I asked if you can you.

Just reply in you comment section :).Donna

Otterhappy
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States #738866

Just discovered the same problem. New ipad ruined by the adhesive.

Moral: don't buy a case that uses adhesives.

sweets

I work at Wilson's Leather and this problem has been going on for some time now and the co. is aware of it but doesn't care.