Williams Garage Door Repairs - Review about Garage Door Cable Repair from Los Angeles, California
I made the mistake of Hiring
"Williams Garage Door Repair"
posing to be from San Jose, Ca. But also seems to have location in Morgan Hill, Ca.
I was first greeted by a young man (who was very friendly and same man as when phoned in) by the name of Harley.
First few red flags I did notice was his website online ( no contractor license) Site was very poorly constructed and the red flags kept coming, the biggest should have been the YELP reviews on the company by HIMSELF and his WIFE or GF! Every review on his company is either made by himself or his wife or girlfriend or friends on Facebook so none of them are legitimate & reliable review and all fakes.
He proceeded to give me a free estimate on what was needed on my door but He kept explaining he is very competitive and I can not beat his prices almost to the point of annoying me. Whats next blows my mind. As I'm talking to him "Harley" even more strange, his face is becoming more and more familiar realizing he is the same young man that came to look at my door prior Week's behind working for another company (Garage Door Service Co aka garage door scammers) now I was really curious and asked if I could see his license and his facial expression. Closed the book. Started again. To continue to tell me that he's got license I should look online he has been backround checked by Home Advisor stuff like that but could not provide me any paper or certificate or even a number.
Overall in the end I found out this guy is unlicensed and basically trying to scam me. I got rid of him as fast as I could just like the flu just like last time when he tries quoting me $1,200.00 for spring replacement door cables and genie opener.
Next day I called Home Advisor trying to verify a license number since he was prescreened and over qualified on his website by homeadvisor which led me to hire him and have this gentleman come to my home but finding out after speaking with the representatives to verify a license that they don't have any type of licensing for him and they say he don't require to install genies or springs which is a flat out lie by the state of California. I don't trust Home Advisor. I never will recommend them to any of my family or friends and I suggest you do not use any of their contractors unless you have proof.
This can all be checked here in California (www.cslb.ca.gov ) Still honest companies out there, but I would ask for a proof or check contractor license before hiring any locals from Home Advisor, craigslist or any other site and make the mistake I did.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Garage Door Cable Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "At Walmart on Fallbrook in Woodland Hills, Ca. I have to bag my own things as the checker just stands their. The check stand in the back is..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."