Williams Garage Door Repairs - Review about Garage Door Cable Repair from Los Angeles, California

1 of 1 Williams Garage Door Repairs reviews

I made the mistake of Hiring

"Williams Garage Door Repair"

posing to be from San Jose, Ca. But also seems to have location in Morgan Hill, Ca.

I was first greeted by a young man (who was very friendly and same man as when phoned in) by the name of Harley.

First few red flags I did notice was his website online ( no contractor license) Site was very poorly constructed and the red flags kept coming, the biggest should have been the YELP reviews on the company by HIMSELF and his WIFE or GF! Every review on his company is either made by himself or his wife or girlfriend or friends on Facebook so none of them are legitimate & reliable review and all fakes.

He proceeded to give me a free estimate on what was needed on my door but He kept explaining he is very competitive and I can not beat his prices almost to the point of annoying me. Whats next blows my mind. As I'm talking to him "Harley" even more strange, his face is becoming more and more familiar realizing he is the same young man that came to look at my door prior Week's behind working for another company (Garage Door Service Co aka garage door scammers) now I was really curious and asked if I could see his license and his facial expression. Closed the book. Started again. To continue to tell me that he's got license I should look online he has been backround checked by Home Advisor stuff like that but could not provide me any paper or certificate or even a number.

Overall in the end I found out this guy is unlicensed and basically trying to scam me. I got rid of him as fast as I could just like the flu just like last time when he tries quoting me $1,200.00 for spring replacement door cables and genie opener.

Next day I called Home Advisor trying to verify a license number since he was prescreened and over qualified on his website by homeadvisor which led me to hire him and have this gentleman come to my home but finding out after speaking with the representatives to verify a license that they don't have any type of licensing for him and they say he don't require to install genies or springs which is a flat out lie by the state of California. I don't trust Home Advisor. I never will recommend them to any of my family or friends and I suggest you do not use any of their contractors unless you have proof.

This can all be checked here in California (www.cslb.ca.gov ) Still honest companies out there, but I would ask for a proof or check contractor license before hiring any locals from Home Advisor, craigslist or any other site and make the mistake I did.

Carol S.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Williams Garage Door Repairs reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.