Updated by user Jul 18, 2021

Wilderness kayak contacted me and said due to scratches the warranty was invalid. They sent me a YouTube site on repairing boat but the defective part is too thin to try and do a plastic weld on. I am stuck with a useless defective kayak that the company will not back

Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2021

I would recommend not to buy Wilderness system kayaks(Outdoor Confluence). They have horrible customer service and don't stand behind their product.

I bought a Pamlico tandem and now this is my 3rd season with it. I nearly sank my kayak the 2nd time out this year ruining my photography equipment. There was *** in the stern where the plastic was thin. They can have manufacturing defects due to the process of rotomoulding if pellets don't distribute properly.

I called customer service, who said they only have a 1 yr hull warantee. I then took it to the dealer I bought it from (Kayak Warehouse in Amsterdam NY) who said the plastic was too thin compared to normal. They then made a claim to wilderness or outdoor confluence who said if there are any drag marks they will not make things right. I don't know about you but usually during customary use there will be some drag marks but nothing that should affect the integrity of the product.

I forgot to mention the kayak handles coming loose and need for using loctite on as well as the side slide rail coming apart in year 2 of having the kayak.

I have 2 Old Town kayaks for over 20 years each with no problems. They have a real lifetime warantee on their hulls and they back it, unlike wilderness systems. I also own Pyranhna and Hobie kayaks which have never had problems.

BEWARE of buying kayak products from Wilderness Systems .

The lack of customer service is horrendous. This is probably true for all the other brands made under the name of Outdoor Confluence.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Wilderness systems and Outdoor confluence products.

Preferred solution: A new kayak hull or durable fix. I ate $ 5000 loss myself. Least they can do is back their product..

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Wilderness System Kayaks Reviews