Houston, Texas
1.5K views 1 comment

Update by user Jan 13, 2016

You can see in the blog post picture, while it deserves say "1 day shipping" it also states to open the gift card email and click redeem.This leads you to believe you will receive a gift card through email.

The other picture shows the EGiftCard label that changes when you select amazon.

Not necessarily a scam, but not advertised clearly.I can see many consumers purchasing an amazon gift card expecting something digital.

Original review posted by user Jan 13, 2016

I stumbled upon WeUsePayPal when I discovered Amazon doesnt accept paypal as a method of payment.WeUsePayPal has a site set up that makes you believe you could purchase an Amazon E-gift card using your paypal, from which you will receive through email within 30 minutes and can purchase through amazon that way, only adding a fee to the gift card.

In my case, I was looking for a way to use paypal to purchase an amazon product that had a special which was ending in 2 hours. My assumption was, paypal takes a few days to transfer to your bank, so that wont work, but I could use WeUsePayPal and purchase an e-gift card for amazon and purchase the product within 30 minutes. I fell for it, made the purchase and here I am, 12 hours later with no e-giftcard. After emailing the company, I get a reply with a tracking number stating that these are physical gift cards with one day shipping.

I go back to the site, and thats when I notice, the big "EGiftCard" and "sent to your paypal email address on file within 30 minutes" disappears when selecting AMAZON.Basically, the company screwed me out of 10 dollars as I could have just waited for the money from paypal to transfer to my bank in the same time it will take to receive my gift card, only without the 10$ fee.

Review about: Amazon Gift Card.

1.6
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Amazon Gift Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with WeUsePayPal?

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1226144

WeUsePayPal clearly stated in all areas that Amazon Gift cards were sent by 1 day shipping; this was clear before I purchased and also is included this information in the email confirmation of my order...

Also, FWIW they have now added the ability to purchase eGift cards delivered in 30 minutes or less....