Western union scam

115 of 500 Western Union reviews

I sent money to Vietnam last week and got an email confirmation that the money is available to pick up. Few days later the receiver sent me an email saying the money is not available/error. I checked my bank statement, it's been debited for my account. Tried to email WU, but the captcha in "Contact Us" section is not working so I can't do anything with email, so I gave WU a call(international call as I am overseas until now), and WU advised they tried to call me and failed to verify within 5 days, but I never had any email confirmation that I need to do verification. If they need to verify for security why my bank account was debited in the first place? They say the money will be credited back to my account as the transaction rejected and I will soon get the rejection email soon.

The transaction's been almost a week and no rejection email whatsoever, the money is on hold not sure for how long. My booking trip cancelled because the receiver cannot get the money and my money is stuck on WU account. First time using WU and won't be back using it again. Feeling frustrated and scammed right now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Western Union Money Transfer
Review category
Cash Services
review #659732

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Western Union? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
115 of 500 Western Union reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Western Union.
Filing a new complaint about
×