West Elm - In Stock - doesn't mean You'll get it

379 of 417 West Elm reviews

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE FROM THE SHOWROOM!!!

We ordered a bed that was "in stock and readily available" and were told that it will take 2-3 weeks do deliver it. The shipping company would contact us when it's close by. 2 (!) Months later we were told that the item hasn't shipped yet, but we should definitely get it in another 1.5 weeks.

Problem is - the bed is exactly the kind we need so we agree to wait.

Time goes by. No communication either from W.Elm or the shipping company. Call W.E. Customer Service - they sound surprised and tell me that the item is "on the loading doc" of the Excel Shipping and I should have been notified by now.

"How long has it been there?" - more than a week!

Call Excel - they are very nice and helpful. Yes - they have 2 out of 4 (!) pieces (by my count it should be 7 all together). Apparently those have been collected around the country in various warehouses like a furniture scavenger hunt. Excel has no idea When they will get all of them - Only West Elm knows that delicious secret.

Call West Elm again - "Yes the pieces have been shipped". It will be another 2 weeks. Customer Service is polite but annoyed at me for being tired sleeping on the floor.

I understand their frustration - People demanding the items necessary for basic creature comfort are the worst.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with West Elm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
379 of 417 West Elm reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.