The bottom rung of the fairly new 10' Werner ladder I had been using literally splintered underneath my feet causing me to fall and dislocate my shoulder.The piece of *** Claims Administrator, Jessica Vana is full of *** when she said "Engineering had looked at the photos I sent" and said it was not their fault.

Related: Werner Ladder - Faulty Hinge on Ladder Broke

What a crock.

WERNER LADDER COMPANY DOES NOT CARE IF THEY SEND OUT BAD PRODUCTS WHICH HURT, MAIM OR KILL PEOPLE.

I have found several photos online of Werner ladder failures that look just like mine and they say they don't have a problem??FU WERNER AND JESSICA VANA.

Review about: Ladders.

I didn't like: Claims admin jessica vana liar, Dangerous ladders, How they are cheaply made, Poor quality, Jessica vana claims administrator werner ladder company.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Werner Ladder Ladder
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $2000
Preferred solution Payment for pain/suffering. Defective ladder refund and refund for my 2 other defective Werner ladders.

Had an Experience with Werner Ladder?

Comments

Yikes! That's scary that even their expensive, heavy duty ladders are s*** (350 lb rating). Suppose it's best to choose a different manufacturer than Werner!

to Anonymous #1294553

Did and done.

I am also going to have Werner pay me for the bad ladder and the two others I have of there's, since I asked if these ladders are safe to use and they could not give me an answer.

Thanks for the comments.

Show Low, Arizona, United States #1294102

File a complaint with the CPSC. When they receive enough complaints, they can force Werner to improve their unstable, flimsy ladders.

to Anonymous #1294183

Thanks for the info.

I will do it now online.

How many people will be either injured or killed by their *** ladders?

Hope it happens to one of their relatives or better yet, a Congressmen or one of their family members.Maybe then something will get done about there cheaply made products.

to Rich #1294221

Consumer Reports recommends only buying ladders with maximum weight rating of at least 300 lbs (Type 1A).The average person will go into a home improvement store and buy an inexpensive ladder - not realizing the potential hazards.

I fell into this trap - a Holiday Special at Home Depot - Werner FS108 8'step ladder, 250lb weight capacity, on sale for $72.00.

I should have known they were junk since it took 30 minutes to find two that looked decent.

Maybe this is Werner's and Home Depot's strategy - sell cheap ladders that fail, causing injuries, then unsuspecting victims spread the word that these ladders are dangerous and people start investing in the heavier duty models.

Now I know, I should have spent a few hundred on a good quality ladder and avoided two years of pain and suffering and thousands of dollars in medical bills.

to Anonymous #1294244

In my case, I did buy an expensive 10' ladder that was rated at 350 lbs.I weigh roughly 225 lbs.

Well within the rated ladder weight. I only had one foot on the lowest rung and as anyone would do climbing a ladder, shifted my weight to the left side of the bottom rung but I did not have that chance.

It splintered beneath my foot thus dropping me like a stone and causing my dislocation.Werner is full of *** and I tell EVERYONE about their *** ladders.

I agree about Jessica.I think she gives everyone the same reply.

They don't want to accept responsibility for their inferior products.

Werner doesn't care - they have their lawyers to protect themselves and the consumer gets screwed.So many people have similar stories about these Werner ladder failures.

to Anonymous #1294004

Thanks for your comment.

As I write, I have all the legal info to legal proceedings and will be filing here in MY hometown where THEY have to either pay up or hire an attorney to come here and fight it.

If so, I will be asking for a jury trial.

Thanks again.

New York, New York, United States #1239323

Hi we work for a large NJ Law Firm and would be happy to offer free consultation regarding this claim and investigate your case more extensively.I will pm you my contact information.

As a note to all, this case does pass the initial review for having strong legal grounds to pursue the manufacturer.

Please remember, in cases such as these, contact your local firm and talk to a legal specialist.

Such incidents are commonly evaluated free of charge for clients.

Please pursue this case.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1267392

I remember a time when ambulance chasing was illegal.